chapter 7

,Would you really leave with me?' the Elve , asked shyly while getting dressed again. The though flattered him and gave him butterflies in his stomach. ,Of course i would' aswerd Gimli, righting himself up. The white sheet was flowing over his body like a river over golden stones, sparkling in the sun ,you are my everything and i don't need nothing else'. There was no lie in his eyes as he said those words,
words that felt like honey, sweet and thick, balsam for Legolas soul. He wished time would stay still and they could stay in this room forever, leaving the real world behind and creating their own. No one could separate them, no one could hurt them, no one could forbid their love. This room was their land and the bed was their palace, invisible splendor except for them filled with love and desire for each other.
It was perfect and would be incredible if it was real.

,We should go back. We were more than suspicious leaving for such a long time' remarked Legolas while putting his hair in perfect braids again. Gimli was riveted by this special sight. The Elve was practiced in doing his hair but still focused to make sure that every hair was in the right place and not like the Dwarfs beard, crinkly and messy.
,Gimli?' Legolas angelic voice brought him back to reality. ,I apologize my love. I was too fascinated by your hair. It looks really pretty.' he flushed, giving Legolas this compliment even though there so much more to say, like that his hair looked as soft as a petal and glowed like the moon, pale and beautiful, that he would love to brush it and fell the thick skeins in his hand, doing the braids he adored so much. ,Thank you' he answered with a shy smile on his lips. ,But we should go back as much as I want to stay here' his voice was said while saying this and Gimli could sense the pain his lover was feeling but couldn't find any words, so he got dressed in silence. ,Are you ready to go back?' asked Gimli, taking Legolas hand. ,No' answered the Elve opening the door, carefully releasing his hand.

During the day  the two lovers got separated from each other because Gimli had to help in the armory and the time without his dwarf felt like a maddening eternity for Legolas. He couldn't concentrate on anything he planned to do because his thoughts always found their way back to Gimli. Was there any hope for them?, Legolas asked himself. Was there a possible future in which two lived happily ever after?
,Legolas my friend' he heard Aragorns deep voice saying answering with a fast ,yes'
,I can sense the tension between Gimli and you. It's different to the tension between you during your arrival. A lot has changed in your relationship, you are more...intimate now.' The Elve looked at Aragorn with an anxious glimpse. ,Yes, my king. Something has changed and you know what is going on. You are too smart and you see too much to not notice. Gimli and I, we are in love.' he said those words with pride looking directly at Aragorn ,and theres nothing to be ashamed of. We share the same love Arwen and you share...there is no difference.' he stood upright, ready to face criticism or even worse hate from his beloved friend but Aragorn replied with a soft, soothing voice: ,I know. I would've never doubted that. You are both my friends, my companions, we saw in the eye of death together. I would never outcast you because of your love for each other.'
Legolas felt relieved, and with every sentence from Aragorn he got calmer again, feeling tears rising up making his eyes look like a glistening ocean on a sunny day. He wanted to thank his friend but his voice was drowned by ease, making him look awkward. Than he felt Aragorns hand on his back comforting him and the tears burst out like a waterfall. All his fears came together breaking over him, stirring up his insides making him feel empty and full at the same time.

,I don't want to hide it anymore, my love for Gimli, i don't want us to meet in secret, always being scared that unmeant eyes could see us. ' Aragorn nodded. He looked so wise with his royal robe, the long beard and those grey eyes that have seen pain and happiness, friends and enemies, love and hate keeping the memories of every event in his life. He had an old soul, older than Legolas , or even Lady Galadriels, even though he was much younger than both of them. Time passed and none of them could say how long they stood there, Legolas sobbing with Aragorns arm on his back when a servant found them ,my Lords, dinner will be ready in half an hour if you want to change into your evening dress.' ,You should go and get dressed' said Aragorn, giving the Elve one last encouraging smile, before went to change.

Legolas didn't even pack an evening dress, it wasn't need while traveling through the lands of middle earth so he choose the most beautiful gown he had packed (which still looked majestic and elegant). On his way to the hall he met Gimli who had changed into a light armor, which was the equivalent to an evening dress. Legolas loved how the leather played around the Dwarf muscles, making them look hard as steal and strong like a bull. He felt the compelling need to kiss him hard, feel their tongues play and dance with each other, the need to pick him up and press him against the wall while kissing his neck, wandering to his chest, he wanted to be inside of him, pleasuring him, hearing him moan in arousement and satisfaction. But he couldn't do anything of this, instead he said ,let's tell our friends! about us, they will understand.' the words tumbled out of his mouth, uncontrolled and way to fast but he meant them.
,Yes' answered Gimli smiling. ,It is time to tell our friends.'