Chapter 10~ Breathless

Breathe Louise, breathe. Don't forget to breathe.

I bite down on my lip to stop myself from screaming.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!!

"Wow, dad you got a new car!!" Zayn said excitedly.

"Yep, sure did son! 2014 Edition, Chrysler 300s with a V8 engine!" The man announces proudly, stepping out of the car.

Wait! Dad? Son? What?

I'm too excited to think about it.

"YOU, SIR, HAVE A CHRYSLER!" I choke.

"Yep." Zayn's dad smirks at me.

"Wow Louise, your face is turning red.... Are you okay?" Zayn turns to me.

"Yep, just fine. I just really like Chryslers." I say, trying to find air to breathe but my lungs are just not working.

"So are we going home or what?" Zayn's dad asks, rocking back and fourth on the heels of his feet.

"Sure." Zayn says, looking at me.

"In that?" I say, pointing at the beautiful car.

"Yeah, isn't it your lucky day?" Zayn laughs at me.

I start to laugh, only to feel a massive wave of nausea wash over me, before everything turning black.

**Zayn's POV**

I don't know where I'm going but I have to get away.

Louise hasn't followed me past the door and even if she was to try to follow me, she wouldn't catch up to me.

I'll walk to the train station and catch a train to far away. I'll start over. Where no one knows my name. Where I can call myself by a different name and have a different story.

I keep walking, trying to escape the problems of my current life.

Who am I kidding? How the fuck am I suppose to go somewhere new when I don't even have any fucking money?

I sigh deeply, walking towards a reserve I spot in the distance.

I walk down a path leading around the reserve to a massive oak tree.

I lean my back against it before sliding down to the ground, landing in a sitting position among the brown and orange leaves.

I sigh again, closing my eyes in deep thoughts.

Why did this have to happen to me? Will Louise ever talk to me again? Will she tell anyone?

I push the thoughts to the back of my mind, slowly drifting off into a light sleep....

"Zayn? Is that you?" I hear a voice call out from the darkness.

I ignore it, thinking it's some weird dream.

"Zayn? What are you doing here? Wake up!" I feel someone shaking my shoulders.

I snap out of my light sleep, opening my eyes to see my dad in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks again.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I ran away from home." I mumble, still half asleep.

"Didn't get far, hey?" He laughs, punching my arm playfully. "Why'd you do that?"

"Wanted to be alone." I mumble again, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Alone outside in the late evening when it's cold and getting dark?" He smiles, knowing there is more to my reason than I am willing to give.

I suddenly feel this overwhelming weight on my shoulders. My eyes get watery and I feel like I'm going to be sick.