Why?

He kept gazing at me while things got awkward, I mean, I was awkward. I just stood there admiring the room than back at him with his eyes scanning my body.

"Miss Patterson?" I heard an old lady ask.

I turned around seeing an old women with glasses, light blonde hair and I guess you can say short. I was guessing that was our teacher.

"Yes?.." I asked nervously.

"Welcome to Bishop Ireton high school, not to be rude but.. you're blocking my way".

I suddenly took a step back next to the door not knowing what to do.

" Take a seat, next to Matthew".

Mr. Unknown finally had a name, Matthew, I liked it.

I slowly walked towards the empty seat next to 'Matthew'. When my butt met the seat, he silently giggled. I felt a bit insecure, but I didn't dare to say a word.

Class finally ended and I quickly made my way to the cafeteria where I saw Sarena waving her hands in the air signaling me to come.

As I was walking I noticed that Matthew was staring at me but looked away when I caught him.

"Katy! Meet my friends, Chloe, Sarah, Emily, Daisy and Ari" she said pointing to them as she spoke. They waved while I gave them a friendly smile.

"Hi" I spoke as if I already knew them.

"Hey" they chattered back.

For the rest of the break they started talking about boys in the school, I didn't say anything because I barely knew anyone, I kinda felt left out.

"Sooo, Katy, did anyone caught your eyes today?" Daisy asked curiously.

"No" I lied.

"You sure?" Ari asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Yup" I replied still lying.

"Ew, Matthew the douche is looking at me" Chloe groaned but a small smile buried underneath that fake face expression.

I turned to see Matthew actually looking at me, but I didn't argue.

Before anyone else could react, the bell rang extremely loud.

*Time skips to home time*

As I made my way home I felt a warm hand grab my arm. I spun around and to see... Matthew!

"Heey" he greeted.

"Hi" I replied feeling awkward as hell.

"Katy!" a voice screamed.

I slightly moved my eyes behind Matthew. Sarena was running her butt off. When she reached me she breathed heavily trying to catch her breath.

She gave Matthew an evil look than grabbed my hand tightly and dragged me away from him.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

"Didn't we tell you? Matt is a douche, a player and a heartbreaker!" she yelled still trying to catch her breath.

I was angry, sad and heartbroken myself.

I looked away and stormed off without saying any last words.