chapter 2

Tomorrow I'm going to a different foster home again, but this one doesn't have any other foster kids in it. They have 1 kid who is about my age and a dog. This home is going to be different because they knew my mom and dad. I used to live next door to them and me and their son were best friends. I haven't talked to him ever since I moved. I'm hoping they will keep me. I'm gonna try my best not to screw up this time. I'm getting tired of going to a different house all the time. Each time I go to a house I do something to make them not want me anymore and they just return me like I'm an object or something. Nobody wants a 16 year old girl who has problems.

We get to their house and my mouth drops open when we get in the drive way.  I forgot how gigantic and beautiful this house is. We walk through the door and I'm speechless.  This house is breathtaking. The ceiling is so high and there's even a chandelier! This house is amazing! I better not mess things up because I really love this house.

"How do you like it?" Fiona, my mom's old friend asks.

"Its amazing and so beautiful!" I exclaim.

"I'm glad you like it. I'm betting your hungry. Would you like some dinner?" Manny, my dad's old frieend asks me.

"Yes please."

"I hope you like lasagna because that's what we're eating." She tells me.

"I love lasagna! I haven't had it in so long." I state.

We all sit down at the table and Fiona brings the food to the table. She puts a piece in all our plates and also gives us garlic bread. I start eating right away because I'm starving. The food is so delicious, I haven't had food this good since my mom died. I tell Fiona that the food is wonderful and she smiles.

After dinner I start to go and wash my plate, but Fiona stops me.

"Sweetie what are you doing?"

"Washing the dishes. Am I not supposed to?" I question.

"I'll do the dishes, you're probably really tired so go and get ready for bed." She tells me.

"Oh ok. I just thought I should do the dishes because in other houses they usually tell me to wash my dishes and do my chores." I tell her.

"Well that's other houses. This place is a home and you don't need to do all the work. That's what parents are supposed to do." She says. 

"Oh ok."

"Now Nico will show you to your room." She says while gesturing at Nico to get up.

Nico let's out a sigh and tells me to follow him upstairs. We walk up the stairs in to a hallway.  He tells me what each room is and eventually shows me my room which is at the end of the hall. The room has light pink walls, a white desk, a white dresser with a mirror attached, and a huge bed that looks so comfy I wanna jump on it. I stop myself from jumping on it because then Nico will think I'm weird.

"This is your room and the bathroom is down the hall. If you need anything my room is right next door." He tells me.

"Okay thank you." I respond.

He leaves to his room and I can tell he isn't happy with me being here. All throughout dinner he didn't say a word to me and he just looked kind of mad. And when he showed me upstairs he seemed annoyed. When we were kids we were best friends. I know that usually fades as you get older, but I thought we would atleast talk some and catch up. I guess he doesn't like me anymore. I hope I can get him to like me because I really want to live here forever. I really dont want to move again. Him not liking me could affect how long I stay here. Either way though I can't get too attached because I always end up going to a different place right when I start feeling at home.

Pls vote, comment, and share!