chapter 5

Nico decides that we should go to the mall and get me some clothes like we were initially going to do. We walk into the mall and it's way bigger than any other mall I've been to. Everything here is so big the houses, malls, and probably everything else. We first go to forever 21 and start looking for clothes.

"Nico!" A female voice says excitedly.

"Hey Jazz. This is my friend Mya." Nico says to the girl.

"Hi." Jazz says to me.

"Hi." I say.

"Jazz has been one of my bestest friends since forever. I asked her if she could come help us pick out some clothes for you because I know nothing about fashion and she knows everything." Nico says.

Jazz laughs. "Well I do have good fashion sense."

"Thanks." I say.

"No problem. Anything for Nico." Jazz says.

"Ok so let's start shopping." Nico says.

We walk around and Jazz picks up a lot of clothes while turning down everything Nico picks up which I just find hailairious. I look at some things but I either don't like them or just can't choose. Ugh I hate shopping. I'm glad Jazz is here because she's doing most of the picking.

After Jazz has enough clothes she tells me to go try them all on in the fitting room and put on a fashion show for the both of them. She picked a lot of short sleeved shirts which I hate because then you can see all my bruises and cuts. I don't want the whole world seeing what I've been through.

I decide to try on a sweater first which isn't that bad and I show them.  Jazz likes it immediately and says I'm totally getting it and puts it in the pile we're buying. I put on a couple of sweatshirts and some leggings and jeans. Most of Jazz's choices aren't bad. I have to say her sense of style is pretty good. She tells me to try on one of the tank tops and the booty shorts. I'm hesitant at first because I still have some bruises and scars I don't want them to see. Most of them are gone but some scars never leave.

I put on the tank top and shorts and show the both of them.

"Omg you look so sexy! Doesn't she look sexy, Nico?" Jazz says while smiling happily.

"You look nice." Nico says to me.

"Thanks." I say.

"Why's there bruises on your legs and arms?" Nico asks.

There it is. For a second I thought they didn't notice because they didn't say anything, but I guess you can still notice. I try to make up a lie in my head. It comes naturally to me and it makes me sad how I'm so used to lying. "I told you I got into a fight with some girl."

"Oh I forgot." Nico says.

"You got into a fight?" Jazz asks.

"Ya this chick was being annoying so I punched her and then things escalated quickly."

"Wow you're a badass. I didn't imagine a nice girl like you could do that." Jazz says.

"Ya." I say.

Jazz decides that we should go to Victoria Secret and I know I'm really gonna hate it. This is gonna be worse than regular clothes shopping.

We walk into the store and Jazz immediately starts picking out multiple things. She doesn't even ask what size I am. She keeps picking out thongs and lots of lace stuff I really don't want to wear.

"Ok so you don't have to try all of these on cause most of them are similar, so just try on a few." Jazz says.

"Ok. How do you know what size I am?" I ask.

"I can just tell by looking. I told you I'm an expert." Jazz says.

I didn't know she was that good. I go try on some of the stuff she gave me and it's all so uncomfortable.

"Are you done?" Jazz asks. "Can I come in?"

"Ya."

She walks in and examines me. I feel so weird, someone looking at me when I'm half naked.

"Omg you look so sexy! If you wear those with some shorts the guys will be all over you!" Jazz exclaims.

I just laugh and change into some other clothes. After Jazz thinks I tried enough on we move onto shoes. She makes me get converse, Van's, heels, and wedges. I really didn't think I needed all these shoes, but Jazz said I wouldn't regret it when I have nothing to wear. After we leave the shoe store we go and get some jewelry. Jazz makes me get some necklaces, bracelets, and rings. I didn't understand why I needed these either, but I guess I'll use them eventually.

We decide to get some food because everyone is hungry. Nico really wants to get some Chick-fil-A so we all order some food and sit. I just got some fries and a milkshake because I wasn't really hungry.

Once our food comes Jazz and Nico start diving into their food and I start laughing because they look like animals.

"What's so funny?" Nico and Jazz ask at the same time.

"You guys look like animals that haven't ate in days." I say while still laughing.

"Are you making fun of the way we eat?" Nico says while acting hurt.

I just keep laughing and quietly eat my food.

"Haha you eat so slow." Nico says to me.

"Ya your like a sloth." Jazz says.

"Atleast I'm not a bear." I say.

"Wha- I am not a bear!" Nico exclaims.

"My fashion sense is way better than a bear!" Jazz exclaims.

I keep laughing historically. All of a sudden somebody starts tickling me and I can't stop laughing. I am literally the ticklishest person ever and it's so annoying.

"Oh my god stop tickling me." I say while laughing.

They both finally stop tickling me and now I can stop laughing.

"That's what you get for calling us bears." Nico says.

"Ya." Jazz says.

I roll my eyes at them.

We finish eating our food and say bye to Jazz and head home. I actually had fun today. Aside from my panick attack earlier I enjoyed going to the mall with them. It was fun putting on a fashion show for them. We were laughing the whole time because Nico kept making jokes about some of the clothes.

Once we're in the car Nico puts some music on and my favorite song comes on, 7 rings by Ariana Grande. I love this song so much. I sing along to the whole song because I know all the words. Nico just gives me a weird look the whole time I'm singing and laughs at me. When I sing in the car I put on a full performance.

"You really like this song?" Nico asks me once the song ends.

"It's my favorite song."

Nico nods. "Did you have fun today?"

"Ya I had more fun than I thought I was gonna have. Jazz is amazing. Thanks." I say.

"For what?"

"For today and helping me with my panick attack and buying me all these clothes."

"No problem."

Pls vote, comment, and share!