8

A soft knock was heard from the front door. It was like 7pm so I was a little cautious. Still, I opened the door.

Once I did, my voice caught in my throat when I saw who it was.

"Y/N, I know you probably hate me but at least hear me out. And if you still don't want to talk to me, then I'll accept it." Sabrina said, looking up at me with begging eyes.

I hesitated and sighed. "Fine. Come in." I said and she stepped inside and sat down on the couch as I closed the door.

There was an very awkward, uncomfortable silence until she cleared her throat. "Well, I wanted to start off by saying I'm sorry. I know I've said that like a hundred times, but it's still sincere."

"Okay."

"When I said that I didn't know what I am yet, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was using you as some sort of science experiment. I see you as far more than that."

"Then what's with the flirty messages?"

"Easy. You're drop dead gorgeous, Y/N. I wanted to let you know that."

"Oh."

"And the reason why I didn't tell you who I really was? Usually when people figure out who you are, they take advantage of you. I didn't want to take that precaution so I decided that it would be better if you didn't know."

I nodded in response. "Okay." I answered simply.

Sabrina grabbed onto my hand and interlaced our fingers together. I thought I was going to have a heart attack with how fast my heart started beating from that small interaction.

"Will you please say something other than okay?" She asked, turning my head to look at her.

"What is there to say?" I asked.

She bit her bottom lip nervously and looked down.

"I forgive you if that's what you wanted to hear." A smile came upon her pink lips.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really." She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

"Good. I don't like it when you're mad at me." She mumbled in my neck, causing a blush to come to my cheeks

Push your feelings away, Y/N.

She pulled away from me and stared. "What?" I asked.

"You're even prettier in person." She giggled.

I playfully glared at her. "Sabrina."

"I like it when you say my name, too."

"Bri."

"Can you believe that only a month or so ago, you thought my name was Brianna."

"Carp-"

"You never answered my question though." She cut me off with a serious look.

"Which is?" I questioned.

"Do you have feelings for me?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Do you have feelings for me?" I asked her the same question back and she abruptly stood up.

"Oh would you look at the time! I have to go before my sister notices I'm missing. Talk to you later." She said and quickly left.

"Okay then." I laughed.