12

"Today we gave a surprise guest." My friend, Riley, squealed.

"Who?" I questioned, looking up from my textbook.

She shrugged and tucked her red hair behind her ear. "Don't know. We're supposed to have an assembly in 5 hour though and the person is a singer."

"Boy or girl?" I asked.

"Girl I think." She said and took her seat behind me just when the teacher walked in.

...

Bri: still in school?

Y/N: yea. why?

Bri: where are you?

Y/N: the auditorium

Y/N: y u want to know?

Bri: ;) no reason

"Okay settle down everyone! We have a special treat for you all." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and shut off my phone, slipping it into my front pocket.

The 10th balled up paper hit me in the back of the head. I glared at the person who thw it and they made the "call me" gesture.

"Just say yes, Y/N. He likes you." Joseline yelled at me, a few rows behind me. Her friend group started laughing at me.

I'm tired of them messing with me...

"How many times do I have to say that I'm fucking gay. I don't like dick! I like girls!" I yelled and the room got awkwardly quiet.

"Okay then. Today we have a special guest here talking about the performing arts." The principal said as I slumped back into my seat.

"Now she's at least 2 year older than most of you. Give a round of applause for Sabrina Carpenter!"

My jaw dropped as the short blonde came onto the stage. "Close your mouth. You'll attract flies, Y/N." Joseline yelled towards me again, causing the room to laugh except my friend and Sabrina.

...

The hour was pretty fun. We got to see along to some songs, she performed 2 I haven't heard before, and some students came on stage for improv.

We were getting released to go to our last class of the day when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and was really close to a certain blonde who was previously singing to us.

"Y/N. We need to talk."

"I'm gonna be late for class." She sighed and nodded. "But it's my last class so we can talk in maybe 45." I offered and she smiled.

"Great. See you later then." She said and quickly kissed my cheek before turning around and walking away like nothing happened.

"So, you and Sabrina?" Riley said, wiggling her eyebrows. I shook my head, laughing.

...

Y/N: I'm at the front of the school. Where u at?

Bri: one sec

Y/N: k

"Y/N!" I heard a familiar voice and then arms wrap around me.

I saw people stop and stare, causing me to get uneasy. I think Sabrina noticed and she pulled me to her van.

"Ready to go?" The driver asked, looking at us through the rear view mirror.

"Yep."

"Wait a minute! Are you seriously kidnapping me?!" I asked and she nodded.

"If that's what you want to call it, then yeah." She explained, saying it like it was completely normal and a rational thing for someone to do.

"Didn't you say you wanted to talk?"

She nodded, looking out the window. "Wait until we get there and then I'll explain." She said and grabbed onto my hand and interlaced our fingers together.

I quickly looked away out the window too, so she wouldn't see that I was blushing. She giggled though so I guess she saw even though I tried to hide it.

...

"Is this your house?" I asked in shock, looking at the large mansion sized house.

"Uhm, now let's go." She said, dragging me inside once again. We went by a few doors until we got to her bedroom.

"Instead of being surprised, could you focus on me?" She asked, turning my head towards her.

"Yeah. Sorry."

"What did you want to talk about?"

"What you said."

I rolled my eyes. "Now you want to talk about that? Three weeks later?" I asked, kind of irritated. "Perfect timing." I said, sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't know what to say."

"Maybe 'I don't feel the same about you' instead of just saying 'oh wow.'" I suggested.

"Who said I didn't feel the same about you?" She asked, combing her hair back with her hand.

"Valentine's Day, remember? You said you liked someone else. And can't forget about the day you showed up at my house and never answered the question about if you liked me."

"Well I never said that it wasn't you that I liked."

"Is it?" I asked.

"I-i-," She cleared her throat, "I really like you. I do, but-"

"Not the same way I like you?" I questioned, but she didn't answer. "You have to answer this one. This is real life so you can't exactly leave me on read."

"I can't answer that." She answered.

"Why not? And why did you bring me here? If you didn't like me, then what was the poin-" A soft pair of lips met mine and I quickly shut up and kissed back after a few moments of being unresponsive.

She pulled away from me slowly. I fluttered my eyes back open. "And what does that mean?" I asked.

She bit the inside of her cheek before sighing and shaking her head. "I don't know yet."

"Well thank you so much for taking my first kiss and it not meaning anything." I said, sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"You can break a plate and apologize to it, but it's not going to go back to being whole. The same things applies to our situation."

"Well I don't know what you want me to do or say!" She said and tears started running down her face.

"I'll give you one last chance. You have a week to figure it out and decide what you want. Until then, don't speak to me at all." I said and left her house. I looked around and saw what street I was on and called my friend to come pick me up.

"So how'd it go?" Riley asked once I got inside and she drove off.

I groaned loudly and threw my head back. "That bad."

"Let's just say that I don't want to talk about it." I said and she nodded in understanding.

One week, Sabrina. Don't screw it up and mess with my feelings again.