Chapter 65

"Yes, that sounds like a lovely idea." Luna mumbled as we walked up to the front door of Nova's workshop, which looked as if it had been set on fire recently. I shared a look with Luna and shrugged. She chuckled and pushed the door open.

"Hiya bro!" Nova called from within the shop as we walked into the main room, "Everyone else has been waiting for you!"

Ana looked at me irritably, "Took you long enough, dumbass."

Dorrian shook his head, but didn't say anything else. (Smart move)

Erron was currently studying a staff that was hanging on a weapons rack and looked at Nova as she pulled out several boxes full of tools.

"May I hold this staff?" He asked her.

"Knock yourself out-but not literally." Nova replied, "That staff packs a wallop when you use it to cast fire spells."

"Wow," He began in wonder, "Is it powered by ethridium?"

"Indeed it is." She replied, "That's actually the first staff I've created using ethridium that hasn't blown up...yet."

Erron quickly hung the staff back up: "Well then, I'll just settle for the staff my mother gave me."

I chuckled and looked around the spacious room. My sister's workshop was quite a wonder to behold: much like Dante's store in Volhime, various types of weapons hung from racks mounted to the walls of the workshop. Some weapons were completed and very deadly while others looked to be incomplete. In the center of the room was a large worktable with several weapons and other gadgets laid out upon it. A smaller writing desk was set against the far right corner of the room, and it was cluttered with schematics and other pieces of papers.

Not surprisingly, electrical lighting was installed in this room. A switch was set up in the wall next to the door. Sylvia cautiously approached this switch and flipped it downward, and yelped as the room was bathed in darkness.

Nova crashed into something and swore like a sailor: "Fuck! Helix, flip the bloody switch again!"

Waving my arms around blindly for a few moments, I finally found the switch and turned the lights back on.

"Let there be light." I said triumphantly, only for Analise to walk over and kick me hard in the shin.

"No! None of that holy bullshit in here!" She retorted.

Nova chuckled as she set a box on the main worktable and started placing weapons and other creations into it: "I don't need anyone telling me to know whether or not Analise hates the church."

"I was almost burned at the stake twice." She retorted, holding up two fingers to emphasize her point.

"And I saved you one of those times." I reminded her.

"Please, I killed most of those damn fanatics while you, on the other hand, fought off a bitchy chicken."

"Point taken." I grumbled as Luna began laughing.

After that, Nova told us all to gather around the large worktable in her shop. She then passed out a small firearm to everyone before she stood at the front of the table.

"The weapon I just handed out to you lot is called a shocker." Nova explained, "This tiny terror will be first weapon you'll power up, modify, and re-modify when it subsequently breaks. Any questions?"

"Why are these called shockers?" Sylvia inquired.

"Because they're shockingly weak when it comes to fire power." Nova told her with a grin, "I learned how to build ethridial weapons by starting off with one of these, so I'm teaching you guys using these rather than one of my...deadlier creations."