Chapter 119

(The next day...)

"So you did it?" Tholin prompted me as he leaned forward in his seat: "That's astounding! Incredible! Wondrous!"

I chuckled: "When I get excited, I usually jump for joy."

After my team was done in Crisos, we went back to Myren Thalor to celebrate. My team and I then blinked to Rhys Vadia this morning after we had eaten breakfast. Unfortunately, Seon couldn't come with us.

"Sorry Helix," She had told me: "I have a job to do here in Myren Thalor, so I cannot accompany you back to Rhys Vadia. Perhaps I'll be able to join your team in the foreseeable future."

I had understood of course. Ben was bummed out, but he too understood.

When we had blinked to Rhys Vadia, we went straight to King Tholin.

"Well, at any rate," He continued, "I am a man of my word." He looked at Ana: "One of my servants are getting your parents from their cells. They should be here momentarily."

A few moments later, a well-dressed high elf entered the parlor room we were in with two blood elves dressed in simple tunics and trousers trailing behind him.

Analise stood up instantly and waited for her parents to speak. At first, they were confused as to why there was a nervous woman standing before them, but realization dawned on them a few heartbeats later.

"A-Ana?" Her mother asked in a small voice.

Tears streamed from her eyes as she nodded: "Yes mother, it's me."

Analise's parents embraced her fiercely, and I noticed that Dorrian was gnawing on one of his arrow to help distract from the fact that he was crying.

"We haven't seen you in years," Ana's father whispered: "We-We thought you were dead..."

"I will explain myself later, father." She told him, "But for now, we have to go free our people."

Analise's father looked at Tholin, "So you've finally mustered the courage to stand against your nobles, old friend."

"I have," Tholin replied with a fond smile: "If it weren't for my friend Helix, I wouldn't have been able to stand up for myself in the first place."

Knocking was heard at the door, followed by a female's voice: "King Tholin? Why are the blood elven king and queen not in their cells?"

Tholin's face paled, "Oh shit...Olivia..."

A shrewd-looking female high elf's face appeared in the doorway a few moments later, only for a knife to thud in between her eyes. The woman named Olivia fell backward, and Analise huffed out a sigh.

"That bitch had it coming to her," She breathed, looking at Tholin: "I hope you don't mind being one noble short, Tholin."

"I honestly don't care. I have enough as it is," He grumbled.

Analise's father chuckled before turning to face me: "My name is Zerrick, and my wife is named Andromeda. I thank you for teaching my old friend how to stand up for himself."

I nodded and bowed my head: "Of course. Just to let you know before you ask, the king of Alysia has offered you and your people an abandoned settlement near the capital city of Helios to inhabit and refurbish if you would like to claim it."

Zerrick's eyes widdened in surprise: "I will gladly accept your king's offer of kindness, and I look forward to meeting him."

Tholin looked at me again: "Well, I suppose this is farewell for now. Don't worry, relations between Ilfhannin and Alysia are still intact, if not strengthened after the feats your team have accomplished. I cannot thank you enough for what you've done."