six

❛❛𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 ❜❜

january 18, 2019
3:13PM

—————

i got home later that day and went straight to my room. i laid down on my bed, plugged in my phone, and started scrolling through instagram.

i continued to see comments and pictures of me that were mostly hate about me talking to daniel and being friends with him. imagine what it would be like if they knew about daniel and i being together.

i didn't realize i had started crying until a tear drop hit my phone screen. my phone started to buzz.

[ seavey🥂 wants to face time ]

accept decline

i quickly wiped my tears and cleared my throat, "hey."

"mercy, i am so so so sorry. i didn't know they would react like that," daniel said in a raspy voice. it sounded as if he had been crying. i sniffled, "it's nothing."

"mercy," daniel said in a soft tone, "it's not nothing. i know you've been crying. i wish i could be there right now and hug you until this all went away."

my stomach turned and jumped at the thought of us hugging for forever. a hug does sound really good right now.

i sniffled again, my eyes starting to tear up, "i miss you so much and i haven't even met you in person yet."

"hey, we only have what, two more months till we see each other? just two more months until i can hold you and all will be okay. just, please stay strong for me, mercy,"a tear fell from my eye and i looked down.

"okay, mercy? please try and stay happy. hang out with your friends, spend time with your family. just, please don't let this get to you," daniel tried to comfort me from thousands of miles away. i looked back up at him and more tears started to flow. i nodded.

"god, i feel so bad. i'm the one that brought you this hate. if only i hadn't been selfish and dmed you then you wouldn't have been getting thi—"

"daniel, it's okay," i cut him off and gave him a small smile, "if you would never have dmed me, then i would've never met you and i wouldn't be friends with some amazing people. if being friends with you guys comes with a little bit of hate, then i'll be okay."

"but mercy, it's not okay! people that have never even met you before are saying terrible things and i have no idea how to stop it! you're such a sweet girl and you don't deserve this! maybe if we just stopped this the—"

"daniel, just shut up." i cut him off again, "we're not stopping this, and that's final. i knew what i was getting into when i said yes."

daniel sighed and rubbed his eyes, "i just feel so guilty, you know? like i did this to you. i cant believe people would do things like that."

i wiped my eyes and sat up from my bed. "i told my friends lindsey, kate, and sage about you today. they think you're really hot," i said trying to lighten up the mood.

daniel gave a small chuckle, "well i am pretty handsome." i smiled at him, "i could listen to your laugh all day."

"well, in two more months you'll be able to hear it in person," he smiled at me through the phone screen.

i sighed, just two more months until i will be happy.

"how was school?" he asked me. "it was really boring, i can't wait to get it over with it and go to college," i groaned.

"where do you want to go to college?" he asked me. i pondered for a bit, "either the university of washington or the university of texas. i haven't decided if i want to stay in texas or not."

"you know jonah right? well his girlfriend, tate, goes to the university of washington!" daniel exclaimed. a smile appeared on my face, "that's so cool! then i wouldn't be alone!"

"i still have two years until i graduate, though," i said with a frown, "i just want to play college volleyball already."

"i want to watch you play sometime!" daniel said with a huge smile. gosh, his smile is so cute.

"well, school volleyball season doesn't start back up until august. are you going to be on tour then?" i explained to him.

"as of right now, no. when is your homecoming?" he asked me. "not until early october, why?"

"do you have volleyball during october?" he asked me again. "yeah, the season doesn't usually end until early november depending if we go to playoffs or not."

"i could go with you to homecoming! and then i could watch you play volleyball and we could go to the football game together!" he said very excitedly. i laughed at how cute he was being. "what? don't laugh at me, sometimes i miss being a high schooler."

i laughed, "i cant relate. especially right now since it's junior year. i feel like all we do is just take tests."

"yeah, i don't miss taking tests. that was the worst part about high school."

"mercy, i'm home from baseball!" my brother called for me from downstairs.

"hey, do you want to meet my brother?" i asked daniel. "sure?" he said with a look of worry. "don't worry, he's really nice!"

i unplugged my phone and walked downstairs. i found marshall in the living room sitting on the couch watching tv while eating an apple.

"hey, marshall. do you want to meet daniel?" i asked him. "sure," he said and took a bite of his apple.

"hey man," marshall said to daniel. i could tell that daniel was nervous because he kept looking between me and him. "hey, i'm daniel."

"alright, i'm going to get something to eat while y'all talk," i patted marshall on the back and gave him my phone before walking into the kitchen.

i got a bag of cheezits from my pantry and returned to the living room. when i walked in, daniel and marshall seemed to be talking about music they liked.

"i mean, i guess rex orange county is cool, i'm more of a khalid and bryson tiller kind of guy. i haven't heard much of rex but i'll give him a listen," marshall said to daniel. marshall glanced up at me and gave me a smile, "he's really cool, mers." i smiled at them.

"can i steal daniel back from you?" i asked while taking my phone from marshall. "he's your boyfriend."

i went back upstairs and plopped back onto my bed.

"what did y'all talk about?" i asked daniel.

"nothing much, just music and you, mainly."

"daniel! come get your french fries before zach eats them all!" i could hear someone call for daniel on the other side of the screen.

"hey, i gotta go. i'll talk to you later, okay?"

"okay, daniel. bye," i said with a smile on my face. he gave me a smile and ended the face time call.

—————

writing about mercy getting hate makes me so sad :(

published: may 17, 2019 12:16am
edited: —————