Interrogation: Eri!

[MIDORIYA'S P.O.V]

"Eri!" I called out to her, which surprised her, causing her to accidentally activate her quirk and turn a flower she was holding back into a bud again.

"Deku!" She called out to me. "And Deku brought his friend here too!"

"Ouch." Todoroki said. Ah, Eri just classified us both in the friend zone.

"He's not my friend, Eri. He's my partner. His hero name is Shoto." I could feel my heart trying to jump out of my body through my throat as Todoroki squeezed my hand. I just realized I said his first name. And I called him my partner.

Ah, may I gladly exit this world now?

"I know you!" She said. "You're the Ice and Fire man!" She smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, Eri." Todoroki smiled back.

This was too precious. I might want Eri to be me and Todoroki's child now. NOT THAT I'M IMPLYING ANYTHING.

"Where's Mirio, Eri?" I asked her with a weak smile.

"Lemillion said he wanted to go to see Sun-Eater, so he left me here for a while. I'm happy that he trusts me enough to do so." she said softly. "I picked this really pretty flower, but I accidentally turned it back into a bud." She laughed clumsily, handing me the bud.

To my surprise a grown woman in a white dress appeared and greeted us. "Ah, if it isn't Deku and Shoto! What brings you here?"

She had long pink hair with a pair of white flowers on either side of the head. Her white dress was a sweetheart dress, reaching just her knees. Her arms were laced with vines and tiny white flowers and she wore knee-high boots with more white flowers as decoration.

"Who are you?" Todoroki asked her, clearly as awestruck as I was.

"Haven't you heard? I'm the new gardener." She smiled. "Folks call me Sai."

"Ah," I said. "Your work is lovely, by the way." I said pointedly at the amazing garden she's created.

"Sai is amazing!" Eri said, flinging both her arms into the air. "She can make flowers grow on anything!"

"Yup," Sai nodded. "I may not be much of a pro hero, but I sure know how to handle my flowers." She tapped on the bud I had in my hand and it instantly bloomed again.

"You haven't answered my question, heroes." She giggled.

"Oh, yeah!" I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "We're here for Eri."

"Me?" She asked, confused.

"Yeah." I smiled at her. "We want to have a little chat with you, if that's okay."

She smiled brightly. "I'm fine with it, but what about Lemillion?" She said. "He'll be worried if he finds out that I'm not where he left me."

"I can take care of that, Eri!" Sai said. "I'll tell Lemillion that you're off with Deku and Shoto as soon as he steps his foot onto my garden."

Eri nodded enthusiastically. "Okay, then," She stood up and walked over to me to hold my hand. Todoroki was still holding my other hand, so I blush. "Where shall we go, Deku?"

"I was thinking of strolling around the school until recess is over." I told her. "When time's up, we'll send you straight back to Mirio. Sound good?"

She nodded. And then we're off.

I didn't notice how quiet Todoroki was the entire stroll. Strange, even for him.

"Eri, have you even wanted a family of your own before?" I went straight to the point.

She looked up to me. "I aready have a family. Here in U.A," she said. "Unless you're implying the family I had before.."

"No no, I don't mean it like that!" I shook my head. "I mean a real family that accepts you for who you are, what you were and what you will be, no matter what. Do you want that?"

She kept quiet for a moment.

She then lit up. "Of course I do, Deku!"

"Well," I continued, "If you were offered a place in a family, would you take it?"

"It depends on if the family members are nice," she said. "If they're people like Lemillion or Deku, I'd gladly accept!"

To my surprise, Todoroki suddenly knelt in front of Eri, clasping her hand in both of his. "Eri, I will be your father and Deku will be your mother." He said with a dead serious expression.

"Eh? Shoto and Deku?" Her tiny cheeks flushed pink. Mine flushed a hundred times redder. "Sounds fun!"

I felt like combusting.

"I'm sorry, Midoriya." Todoroki closed his eyes. "This child is too precious. I've only known her for a day, but if anything were to happen to her, I would kill everyone here and then myself."

"W-wait! Have you forgotten about the plan?!" I was as red as Todoroki's hair. Wait- What am I talking about??! Now my entire head's filling up with Todoroki!!

He then picked up Eri on his side like a sack of potatoes and made a break for it.

"TODOROKI, WAIT!!!" I chased after him.

***

BONK!

Ashido hit us both on the head. "Idiots! You're supposed to make Mr Aizawa and Mr Mic take her in, not take her in yourselves!"

"My bad," Todoroki said. "She just seemed so sad, I thought that I'd give her a proper home to live in. I didn't want her to be in pain anymore."

How sweet of him. I blush.

"But that's just it!" Uraraka flashed. "If a heart as cold and dead as Todoroki can be moved to take her in, surely Mr Aizawa's can too!"

"With Mr Mic's soft heart, to boot! That's means..." Ashido nodded at Uraraka. "Maybe you two haven't failed, after all."

______________________________

955 words.

Who knew, huh?