The Deadly letter

I'm so sorry y'all. My life has been crazy.

What is Vernon's favorite day of the week and why?

-------

Finally -after what seemed likes years-, they were finally let out of the cupboard and "allowed to work". The boys, though hungry and tired, worked just like they always had. Perfectly. The two boys quickly made up for the time they had spent in the dark. 

When Percy woke up that morning, he glared at the ceiling, as dust crumbled down. He knew who the master villain was and what his next move was, but he made sure he fell into the trap anyways. -He didn't want to deal with fake crying this morning. No thank you.- He stepped out of the cupboard, after climbing over Harry, only to get slammed with the door. Just like every other day. Then, while Harry climbed out behind him, he left to get the mail.

As he could head the stove turn, he flipped through the letters. He didn't really pay attention -not really- until a letter with fancy cursive and a wax stamp caught his eye. Well... the cursive or the stamp was not what caught his eye. It was the name:

Mr. H. Potter

There was only one Potter in this house, and that was his brother. While Vernon called for his mail, Percy hurried up, only stopping to slip the piece of paper between the cracks of the vent in the door. He passed the rest of the letters to Vernon and then moved to help Harry cook. 

When he got his brother's attention -after some not-so-subtle pokes-  he quickly rubbed his thumb and middle fingers together and then with his other hand pointed his pinky at Harry.

They switched what they were working on, Percy now cooking the sausage and Harry stirring the gravy and making sure it tastes good, and Harry repeated what Percy had just down.

Percy gave a short nod and that's all they said about it. Working the rest of the day, the letter was still on their minds, but they didn't let it distract them from what they working on -they couldn't. 

As soon as their long day was over, they rushed back to the cupboard. Percy quickly found the letter and in the light of the vents, he quietly read it out loud, "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards) Dear Mr. Potter, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress." They both looked at each other, and Harry quickly made a circular motion with his forefinger and the middle finger. 

Percy continued, " Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry UNIFORM First-year students will require: 1.Three sets of plain work robes (black) 2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear 3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) 4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags. COURSE BOOKS All students should have a copy of each of the following: The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble OTHER EQUIPMENT 1 wand 1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) 1 set glass or crystal vials 1 telescope 1 set brass scales Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad. PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS"

It was quiet for a moment then Harry spoke, "wow. You think it's a hoax?"

Pausing, Percy nodded his head, "I'll burn it tomorrow."

And that was that. Percy discreetly burned it, and they never spoke about it until that Friday.

Another letter came and Percy burned it again. And again. And again. It was okay. They had a system. The system worked until Harry cracked his eggs one morning and there popped up a letter. He screamed and flew backward as if it had burned him. Petunia screeched and Percy darted into the room, he grabbed Harry and as quickly as he could, they retreated into the darkness of the closet.

Almost silent, the two boys furiously whispered to themselves, trying to figure out what had happened. Vernon's and Petunia's yells bounced around the house, but Harry and Percy ignored them. 

"Don't. I'm not going without you. I'm not leaving you with your not even family." Harry promised, holding his own hands in a silent "I love you".

Percy shook his head, the light filtering around him, "No. You need to go. If this real, you should go. I can wait. You can go and be free and find yourself and my mom and when you do, you can come back-"

Harry cut Percy off, "Not without you."

"It's only school. Only magical boarding school." Percy tried, "You'll come back to me."

"Always," Harry promised.

Neither boy could say anything else because, at that moment, Vernon slammed open the door. Percy's hand shot across Harry's chest, and Percy moved into Vernon's sight, blocking Harry.

"Out!" He yelled, "We're going. They're not going to find us, you're not going. Ever." 

Percy and Harry looked at each other. Percy's pinky pointed at the uncle and he crossed his eyes for not even a second. Harry nodded because he was. Harry's Uncle Vernon had gone crazy. 

The two boys stood against the wall, not daring to breathe, as the house bustled about. When Petunia brushed past the two of them, she barely gave them a second glace, "He's gone mad." It was more to herself than to anyone, but the point still stood.

The Uncle had gone off the deep end.

Finally, he pushed everyone into the car, Dudley complaining about the TV shows he was missing and Petunia froze in fear and he speed off. The drove through the pouring rain that slammed against the window, and they got off at a small hut right next to the sea. 

The sea crashed against the rocks as hard as it could, and Harry shook in Percy's arms. Looking up at his brother, Harry gave him one slow blink, and Percy only grabbed him tighter because they were all scared. 

Vernon forced them all onto a boat, and even through the rain and the fear, Percy -for the first time in a very long time- felt calm, relaxed. The boat sped through the water, cutting into it like a hot knife in ice cream. 

They ended up in a hut-looking thing, where Dudley crashed on the couch on the first floor, Petunia and Vernon upstairs, and Harry and Percy on the ground.

Looking at the watch on Dudley's hand, created a birthday cake in the dust.

"Make a wish," Percy whispered as the clock struck twelve.

Harry closed his eyes and blew out the fake candles.

His wish was almost done when something started his thoughts.

BANG, BANG, BANG.

Percy and Harry jumped up. Percy quickly grabbed his brother and pulled them both into a corner. Vernon came down with a shotgun in his hands and Petunia hovering on his back. Dudley woke up with a start.

BANG, BANG, BANG.

The door fell off it's hinges.

SLAM.

In the door was a shadow of a giant, "Oh, sorry 'bout that."