The Large Man

Vernon was the first one to talk. His face was a brilliant shade of purple, and the gun shook in his hands,  "I demand that you leave at once, Sir! You are breaking and entering!"

The man lumbered over grabbed the gun and bent it upwards. Percy grabbed Harry tighter, keeping him out of the line of sight. Vernon almost spits, but the man pays it no mind, instead, he looks more fed up, "Dry up, Dursley, you great prune."

Turning, the giant of the man sees Dudley who is whimpering in the corner, "Mind, I haven't seen you since you was a baby, Harry, but you're a bit more along than I would have expected. Particularly 'round the middle!" He pats his stomach in a jolly way and laughs.

Dudley -for the first in Percy's three years of knowing him- actually looked afraid, "I-I-I'm not Harry," He manged to stutter out.

Harry pushed past Percy, "I-I am," and fear rises in Percy's throat as he stood there.

The large man doesn't seem fazed at all at this development, "Oh, well, of course, you are! Got something for ya. 'Fraid I might have sat on it at some point! I imagine that it'll taste fine just the same. Ahh. Baked it myself, " He holds out a white box, and something in Percy's stomach turned. "Words and all. Heh."

Managing a polite, "Thank you!", Harry, on the other hand, doesn't seem that concerned as he opens the box. Putting his shaky hands behind his back, Percy could only make out the pink icing and the green letters. Harry's eyes slide over to the dark corner and he took an exaggerated deep breath then he placed the cake on the table.

Glaring, Percy shook his head -no, not safe! 

Hagrid missed the whole interaction, as he puttered around, "It's not every day that your young man turns eleven, now is it?" and he sits on down on the couch - the couch bending under his weight-, and he pulls out an old, pink umbrella and points it at the empty fire. 

All of a sudden two sparks fly out and the fire starts. Harry shoots Percy a look, and they make eye contact. Percy blinked once very slowly.

Harry finally put down the cake and asks the question they had all been wondering -and by all, Percy. Percy really wanted to know, "Excuse me, who are you?" His voice is small and timid, but his gaze meets Hagrid's eyes... until they slide back to his brother.

Beaming, the man seems proud, "RubeusHagrid. Keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. Course, you'll know all about Hogwarts." His shoulders rise as he sits more up straight at the word Hogwarts.

-What a stupid name. Why would you name anything that! It sounds like a skin disease for goodness sake-

Looking back at Percy, he rubs his eyes -Help. Percy curses himself as he steps out of the shadows, "Sorry, no. We only glanced at the letter, but we didn't think it was real. We thought it was a hoax."

Harry's hands held themselves again and Percy couldn't help but smirk. Hagrid seemed less confused by the new kid and more angry at the hoax part, "Hoax! Hoax! Hogwarts a hoax! Blimey, Harry, didn't you ever wonder where your mum and dad learned it all?"

The two boys glanced at each other, Harry spoke up first, "Learnt what?"

"You're a wizard, Harry," was all he said.

Percy's world stopped.

Harry froze, but muttered out an "I-I'm a what?"

Hagrid almost glowed at this information, "A wizard. And a thumping good one at that, I'd wager. Once you train up a little."

Looking back at Percy, Harry shook his head and stepped back -closer to Percy-, his blinking all of a sudden slow, "No, you've made a mistake. I can't be...a-a wizard. I mean, I'm just... Harry. Just Harry. I can't-"