Chapter 3

"Hey, Ava, maybe you should slow down on the drinks?"

Kai's voice sounded distorted and far away as I downed another couple of shots, licking the salt from each rim.

"Ava, did you hear me? Maybe you should take it easy..."

I spun to stare daggers at him, ignoring the sudden heaviness his gaze stirred in my chest.

"I'm fine... You're so overly protective, Kai. I have Fatima and Reese!"

"Fatima and Tristan are hooking up in the bathroom and Reese left with the bouncer almost an hour ago. I'm just trying to be a good friend."

"A good friend! Right." I laughed spitefully.

I didn't mean to snap at him, but the drinks were definitely catching up with me.

Kai's eyes softened as I looked away quickly, fidgeting in place.

"What aren't you telling me, Ava?" He asked carefully.

"N-nothing, I just...n-need to dance. You don't have to babysit. I promise, I'll be FINE!"

I chanced a look at him as he watched me unconvinced.

But looking at Kai was a very bad decision, because naturally he was looking handsome as ever.

His skin had tanned to a golden brown and his hair had developed natural highlights while away. His black eyes were hypnotizing and his lips turned down in an adorable pout. Not to mention, his jeans and form fitting brown sweater were hugging his chest and arms divinely.

It took all the strength in my intoxicated body not to confess my feelings right then. The only thing sobering me was the reminder that only moments ago, I'd walked in on him eating some girl's face.

Kai didn't want me.

Not then and definitely not now.

"Ava, I missed you. You look great, in case you didn't already know. Really great...like wow."

His eyes never left mine as he spoke, a smile tugging at his lips as if he was fully aware of his effect on me. My heart raged in my chest as I tried to keep it together.

Unsurprisingly, my reply came out in an unnatural squeal,

"Thanks, Kai. I appreciate that! I'm gonna' go dance now but have FUN. Thanks for celebrating my birthday with MeeEeee!" 

Before he could register the lie in my tone, I turned on my heels.

I pushed myself back into the crowd until Kai's figure had completely disappeared and all that was left were the music and bodies grinding around me.

I closed my eyes as the liquor really began to kick in, letting my hips sway sensuously and throwing my head back so the beat could pulsate through me.

After some time, a delicious smell slowly wafted in my direction, growing stronger by the second. And then, without warning, two strong hands found my waist.

I heard myself gasp sharply at the feeling of the stranger's caress on my skin. Every time it came in contact with my own, fireworks seemed to ripple through my entire body. I wondered if my drink had been spiked, but I was too drunk to entertain the thought as much as I should have.

The chemistry felt...unreal.

Unconsciously, my movements began to turn more erotic, grinding my body into the stranger behind me. Craving his touch and scent, I let my hands trace over his arms as his own hands massaged my hips in time with the music.

We groaned together by the time I realized we were outright dry humping on the dance floor and had begun to draw a crowd. I realized I still didn't know what he looked like but also didn't care.

Listen...

What happens at the club stays at the club.

It's funny, sober Ava definitely wouldn't have allowed this. But drunk Ava didn't ever want to stop.

Drunk Ava wins!

The mysterious stranger spun me around then, forcing my entire body to be pressed against him. We groaned in sync again at the feeling of each other.

He was tall. My eyes naturally stared straight into his chest. Which, by the way, was immaculately sculpted.

His strong arms were locked around my waist, attaching me to him, with his fingers digging into the flesh of my left hip and lower back.

I dragged my eyes upward, stopping every now and then from nerves or to breathe in another gulp of his delicious scent.

My eyes stopped again at his exposed neck. He wore a loose fitting black t-shirt but the tan flesh of his collarbone pulled me for reasons I couldn't explain.

My eyes then raised to his full and kissable lips, pulling into a dangerous smirk as his tongue swiped hotly across them.

Up further, his nose wrinkled cutely as he smiled.

But then, finally, my eyes met his own, and I was sure my heart had stopped in its tracks.

His green-hazel eyes were darkened completely with lust beneath long black lashes, speckles of gold swirling deep in their midst. They stirred possessively as I took in all his features.

His thick eyebrows were furrowed and his dark hair messy in the most sensual way. A faded scar ran below his right eye to his cheekbone. 

He was almost indescrible looking. Undeniably beautiful.

And he smelled just about irresistable. So much so that I felt myself starting to...tear up...?

Oh, dear lord, what the fuck?

I reiterate, this was extremely out of character for me...but drunk Ava was a ticking time bomb apparently, though it seemed to be going exceptionally well for her thus far.

I hadn't even realized that the man and I had still been grinding into each other until his hands lowered to run up and down the exposed slit of my thighs.

If I'd had any control left before, my train of thought was now completely thrown from its tracks as he suddenly rasped in my ear,

"So, what should I call you besides mine?'

I tried to hold in my gut reaction of laughing in his face.

God, this guy was embarrassing.

Maybe, he'd never gotten this far with a girl before?

"L-Lily..." I lied, fumbling for a name,"how about you?"

As incomparably, mind-blowingly sexy this man was...giving fake names at the club was a tradition of mine that was truly non-negotiable.

"Isaac."

"Isaac..." I purred, still unsure of what had come over me.

Our eyes roamed every inch of each other as our hands explored the other's body. It was as if we both were in a rush to take in as much of each other as we possibly could.

"Lily...Should we leave?" Isaac muttered sensuously, leaning forward to nibble on my ear. I moaned as his hot breath tickled the sensitive skin.

"That's enough, asshole. Get the fuck off of her!"

Almost in slow motion, I watched my body lose balance at the disappearance of Isaac's touch.

"Who the fuck are you?" A voice growled possessively.

Growl? I'm drunkkkk. Hehe.

"She's mine!" Another voice asserted as my vision began to spin.

I don't know when, but I realized suddenly that I'd fallen on the ground. My head pounded painfully as black spots quickly began to fill my vision.

"Kai?" I called out weakly.

Then everything went black.