Chapter 2

Half way down the block my phone was buzzing. I answered already knowing who it was, "Xavier Week I swear if you do not come back to the house this instant I am going to throw every gaming device you own out and cut the internet"!

"I'm already heading back moth-", she hung up.

Turning around heading back to the house two options came into my head for why he was there.

His entire family died and he decided to ask my mom for help with the funeral. Or my mom is punishing me for some unknown reason which I want to know and for how long.

Opening the door for the second time I walked in kicking off my shoes and trying to pretend my mother and the rat weren't there and their existence was a lie.

"Xavier Emillia Weeks please come over here and greet your guest" grimacing said my mom threw gritted teeth.

Well, I'm dead was all I thought walking into the kitchen looking at my mom and then deadpanning the other nose breather in the room.

"Hi so you haven't been hit by a car yet I see"

"EMILLIA!", yelled the giver of birth. "sorry for her rudeness Zeke she's a little temperamental sometimes but I'm sure she didn't mean it right Emillia"

My name is Xavier ma, not emillia that's my middle name. You know that look your parents give you when you embarrassed them in public and they are waiting for closed doors to kill you. Well, that's what my mom is giving me right now.

"Yeah sorry Zeke I was only joking", I said " Please accept my dearest apology" rolling my eyes I started to walk out of the kitchen and tried to make it to my room where I can lock my door and pretend to be asleep.

"Now, now emillia won't you walk Zeke to his house since he just got back from New York and the town has changed a lot since he's been here."

"If you don't know how to get home then how in the world did you get here?" looking up hoping I will be able to play some battlefront before I die tonight.

"Man weeks still the same I see", he turned to the side making eye contact with my mom " Its ok Mrs. Swiss I'll be fine because before I go home I'm going to grab a bite to eat but thanks for the offer."

"Well, Emillia will show you the best place to eat" looking into my soul and back at the snake, " right".

Oh, my strawberry sherbet I rather have to be stuck in a Disney musical than this. "Yeah so why not Zeke" I growled. Going to the front door with the fly on my tail I slipped on my shoes and walked out shutting the door behind me making sure I had my key before continuing down the road.

"Hey princess my rides this way unless you want to walk," he yelled. Looking back I saw his matte black charger in the driveway.

How did I miss that walking home?