Candy Store

Babs promised everyone she wouldn't look at the cast list until they were together. Well by everyone she meant Dick and Artemis. But it was hard, everyone was posting their parts online and it was another half hour before the hell of Monday morning began. She'd gotten out of the house early to arrive early so she could open her letter, and she was hoping the others had the same idea. It wasn't long before Dick turned up with his new brother, Jason she thought his name was.

"Artemis is going to be late. Her mum saw it and told her already, wants to spend some time with her now," He explained as he stopped in front of Babs with his letter, "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," She breathed and together, the three of them ripped open their letters and unfolded the paper inside.

Babs read down the list once, twice. She actually couldn't believe it. In a million years had someone told her this would happen, she would never believe them.

"Well done Chandler, how's the famous life working out for you?" Dick grinned up at her.

"I don't know JD, how's yours?" She asked back and they both just looked at each other.

She was the first to avert her eyes, her cheeks flushing bright red. She looked back down at the paper and let a smaller smile grace my lips. Artemis has gotten the lead, but after Babs saw her perform, she kind of expected that. She was awesome. But now her and Dick are going to have to fall in love, and Babs was not sure how she'd react. If she's okay with him falling in love with someone else.

"You mean I have to sing that song?" She was jogged from her thoughts at Jason's voice, "This is going to be awesome."

"That song is called Blue Jason," Dick said, "And maybe slightly inappropriate for someone your age."

"Bruce paid for it," Jason argued, "And he said I should start trying to enjoy myself. Now I am."

"Look, let him be. He's smiling, I don't think I've ever seen him smile before," Babs cut in as Dick opened his mouth to reply, "Plus, it'll be nice to get to know him."

"Yeah, he'll spend his time ignoring us," Dick said, "He may not understand much, but he knows social standings. And that we're at the bottom."

"But you're his brother." She said.

"Not really," Jason smirked, "Bruce hasn't adopted either of us. We're just his wards, to be kept safe until we're adopted or moved to a care home. And anyways, schools about to start. See ya later, losers."

And off he went.

"Nice brother you've got there."

"I know." He sighed as the remaining two headed towards the school, "Let's just get this day over with. The meeting is tonight and I can't wait."

------------------------------------------------------------

The letter was now on Zatanna's wall, and she's not sure it would ever be coming down. It was a proud moment for her, and tonight she'd be finding out if Robin got in. If he did, she'd get a chance to finally know who he is and ask him out. That was the plan anyway, just had to get through the day first. Most people her age are going to school Monday morning, a nice, mundane school. However, Zee's off for private tutoring from her dad to learn how to properly harness her magic. And whilst it was fun, it was a lot harder then she presumed Math could ever be.

By the time she had arrived her dad had already set out for them to begin, either he was early or she was late.

"Hi, honey, you ready for your lesson today?" He asked as he looked up at the sound of the closing door.