Big Fun

Yesterday was fun, dare he say, it was big fun. God, he should be a comedian. Wally didn't manage to get much sleep because the song was on repeat in my head, and he was going to get to record it and put it on a real album as Kurt Kelly. It's going to be awesome. Then there was Dick's brother, who he could actually stand. They became fast friends last night and he'd be seeing him every day but Sunday for almost six months now. Maybe they could meet up on Sunday's anyway, tag along with Dick every now and again.

"Wally, you need to get up for..." Iris' sentence trailed off when she saw Wally was already dressed and reading through his school work, "Well, that's a pleasant surprise. What brought this on?"

"It was Glynn last night," He said, "He said that anyone who falls behind in their studies will be removed from the show until they have caught back up. And that means I can't keep failing English because I don't like it."

"Well, good to see you doing some work outside of school that's not just science. But breakfast's ready now. Come on," She smiled and he followed her to the kitchen where a stack of pancakes waited.

That's a pleasant surprise, they were a weekend meal, but Wally wasn't complaining. By the time Uncle Barry was down he had already demolished his share of the food, and Barry sent a joking glare at him.

"Anyway, Wally, you're parents are coming up this evening to see you before you go the rehearsal," Iris said, that explained the pancakes.

"They said I could stay with you until the end of the month," Wally said, "Are you really sending me back 2 weeks early?"

"No, it's not that," Barry said, "They've heard about Heathers and know how much you love the show. They just want to see how you're getting on, they're not expecting you back any sooner than promised."

"Good, because Iris' cooking is the best," He said as he picked up his bag and shoved on his shoes, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a day of school to force myself through."

------------------------------------------------

Wally didn't think those words would have rung so true. School was hell today, mostly because Mr Norris wasn't in and he's Wally's favourite teacher, but also because he had double English. Two hours with Mrs McKlien. It was a mutual hate between the two of them, he hated her because she tried to make me do English instead of Science and she hated him because she could never convince him to. It's where most of his detentions come from. Anyway, back to the moment at hand. As the bus pulled up outside Uncle Barry's house he could already see his parents car, which meant they were waiting. Which meant he could scare them all. An evil grin plastered his face as he quickly clambered up the wall and dropped into his room. He headed down the stairs silently and spotted them all sat on the sofa, which was facing the other way, as planned. He moved closer to the back of the red material and then, once in prime position, he pounced. Wally landed on a screaming mother which then turned to laughter as they realised it was him.

"Heya son, how's life?" Dad asked as Wally settled himself between the two of them.

"Life's good, great actually," Wally replied, "I'm performing in Heathers."

"Are you now?" His mum asked, "Any lead characters or something like that?"

"Only Kurt Kelly," Wally said with a dismissive shrug, "Nothing major league."

"Oh well done," Both his mum and dad chorused as they brought him in for a hug, "You have to tell us all about it."

So he did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After school was over Artemis headed back home to see her mum for a minute, check she was alright. Which she was. Then almost immediately after that, she had to leave again to get to rehearsals using the Zeta tubes. Thankfully, she wasn't late, the rest of the main cast was already here though.