||. CHAPTER 3: APPA .||

Upon receiving a message from her elder brother, Arthur, Rachael immediately ran out of her cubical heading towards the Research Department to meet him. Her grey eyes were filled with hope and a longing desire to reunite with the ones she loved. Punching in some buttons into the pad of the cylinder, she tapped her finger nervously on the G-Tab she was holding. It had been months since she had met him. Excitement was burning in her veins yet somewhere in between her heart, she felt that something was not right. Something seemed to be out of order. Once she had reached the floors of the Research Department, she punched in the numbers before scanning her G-Tab on it.

Everyone in the Research Department were searching through their files while some were handling new experiments specifically on new pills or liquids to enhance their survival on Mars. Pushing her thick spectacles up, Rachael headed towards the last chamber of the floor, ready to give the transparent door a soft knock. However, she halted her tracks upon seeing Captain Chen in her brother's room. Arthur seemed to be in tense as his black eyes widened before flipping his hair backwards bowing towards Captain Chen. The older man walked out of the room, walking past Rachael with a smile before he was approached by another researcher from the other corner of the room.

"Brother." Rachael called out as she turned around to close the door, making sure no one could hear their conversation. "Where is appa? What happened to him? Uncle Chen came. I saw your face. Don't lie to me. What happened?"

Arthur stared at his younger sister for a moment. Silently, he is trying to digest the information he had just received earlier. There is no way to hide the news about their father. Soon, the news would spread and the whole entire Mars would know about him. Tapping onto the G-Tab he was holding, the invisible walls around them turned opaque and soundproof. He headed over to the corner of the room, picking up two cups of coffee which was newly brewed by his personal robot, R-20. Arthur gestured his younger sister to sit on the couch with him and Rachael obediently obeyed.

"Appa is back. But he isn't like before. I have not gotten any further information about it, but the President had ordered Dr. Song to have a full check up on him. The Research Department here will be handling notes, logs and pictures appa had taken down and..." Arthur explained looking at his calm sister who was sipping onto the coffee, partially frowning.

Rachael studied her brother's features for a moment as she settled the cup down on the table. "And you are not allowed to be a part of it." When Arthur nodded, Rachel smirked. "This is appa we are talking about. I would do anything to get all the information. I am not letting appa under their hands without me knowing what they are doing."

"I know what you mean. Check your personal database. I have sent some information in it. Remember to use Code Yellow when you open it. We need a plan, but this is definitely not the best time to talk about it. I will talk to you about it tonight." Arthur assured once he had gotten a message from his superior.

Rachel finished up her coffee, nodding to what her elder brother had mentioned. "Be careful, brother. Things are about to get a lot messier than before."

Arthur grinned. "Dirtier. I will. You too. Stay safe on the field."

The younger stood up as she spun her G-Tab with her fingers, walking out of her brother's room confidently. Rachael headed back into her chambers, knowing that she would not need to be out in the field till four in the evening. Making sure that her chamber was locked, Rachael settled her G-Tab down before slipping herself under her bed, removing a plank which was fitted perfectly in the middle of their bunk beds. Once she had made sure the correct wire, Rachel slipped out of her bed to grab her G-Tab and attached it to her phone. Every single data Arthur had sent to her was connected to the Yellow Base they have both created on their own, away from all the systems in Roaming 95. Privacy and personal space, that's what they would call it.