||. CHAPTER 5: SA'NE .||

The room was filled with immense silence. Rachael turned to look at her elder brother whose eyes were giving her a signal to stay silent. Turning her gaze up to the President, she took a few steps backwards, kneeling down to look into her father's eyes. Clearly, the President wasn't going to give any answers to them. Worries were written all over his face and it seemed that his eyes would be popping out of its place at the question. Rachael reached out holding onto her father's palms gently brushing them as she looked into his grey eyes which were similar to hers.

"Appa, what is it? Why does it bother you so much?" She questioned as she reached out gently straightening his hair. It was at that moment that she realised that her father had aged so much compared to the years before.

Her father ignored her questioned, only to tighten his grip on her. "Sa'ne. There must be something about it." He whispered to his daughter.

"Enough about this!" The President barked as he stepped out from his place. "This man is clearly mad. His test results had shown abnormal waves. I am sorry but your father must be placed in the Red Rack!"

"No!" Rachael protested and Arthur immediately went to join her. He stood in front of his sister whom he could see was losing her patience on this pointless conversation.

"With all due respect, Mr. President. There is no way to solve this if you lock our father in the Red Rack. We need to have more answers from him if you want us to figure out what is in his book and in those logs he had. My sister is right, these are sirens. It might be a myth to you, President, but it is the only thing which could explain this." Arthur spoke up confidently, his black eyes looked towards the President who was staring at him sternly, but the boy did not move a muscle.

"Arthur, you are one of the best researchers we have here. You cannot use myth to explain science and you cannot use myth to explain to the rest of the family members about their family's death either. How can everyone die except your father? He must be related to it." President Mc. Conner suggested as he looked towards the boy clasping onto his shoulders. "I know he is your father, but you need to separate between work and your relation to your families."

"Do you have a major in mythological and historical beings, Mr. President?" Rachael questioned out of a sudden and the President shifted her gaze towards the younger sibling.

Rachael stood in front of her brother and crossed her arms. "I can prove to you, she is a siren, a space siren to be exact. These lyrics and melodies are the only ways a siren can use to lure men and victims of theirs. We Earthlings might have advanced through science, but never forget that our there in the solar system, there are planets you have not venture and you might not know everything about them. Planet 14 as you say is a new planet. You sent a team of researchers including my father out there without our consent at first, that was a mistake and now, you are blaming the only survivor here who would be able to explain what is happening. I do not know if you have taken education before this or it was mere luck, but those who have learned back in Earth, Mr. President, we all knew that the very existence of sirens are dangers to any men around them. Planet 14 is the only planet proven to have space sirens. If you do not trust me, send me out, send me with another team to Planet 14 again and I will prove you about it that my father has nothing to do about their death."

Stefan looked up from the ground. His grey eyes looked directly towards her daughter's determination. He had always wanted her to be in the Medical Department, but she had taken a different path. She spent her time in the base for more than ten years and three years in the research department. Medic was not her profession, but Stefan was proud to have a daughter who would go for her dream. Arthur turned to look at him with fear in his eyes. He knew exactly why. They lose their first family in a mission here on Mars itself, their eldest child, Arthur's elder sister. Losing Rachael would be double the pain. The President who was lost for words stood at the side.