3- I dare you

It had been almost a month since I slept with Zak. After that confrontation in the janitors room I decided to keep my distance because he acted like a jerk and was an arrogant ass to me. My self esteem is not low enough to even entertain a guy that's not worth shit.

He had also started hooking up with Jenna like a week later. She made that clear to everyone, especially me.

As the bell rang me and Ally walked into English class which Zak happened to be in. I would always catch him looking at me but he never said anything.

Mr. Simmons started talking about the book we were supposed to read last night and this is the point where I usually fall asleep in class.

I am suddenly awoke when I am shoved which caused me to fall out of my chair. I look up and see Ally staring at me with her hands over her mouth.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push so hard" she said.

"What do you want Ally. I was trying to nap."

"Did you hear what Mr. Simmons said?"

"I was sleeping. How the hell would I have heard what he said" I raised my voice to show my anger with her.

"Ms. Stevens is there a problem?"

"No sir. Sorry"

"Very well. As I was saying this project is going to be 50% of your grade so make sure it's done. I will assign partners to make sure everyone has an equal amount of work"

"Oh no. 50%?" I pleaded to Ally

She nodded quickly.

As he started saying names, I heard mines and the last person I would want to work with. This has to be a romance novel, this is no coincidence.

"Alaya and Zak" he says apathetically.

"Hey partner" I hear his obnoxious voice say as he lightly grabs my shoulders.

As soon as he says this I feel my stomach churn and something rising up my throat. I run out the door and to the bathroom barely making it. I empty my stomach into the toilet.

I hear someone run in behind me and scoop my hair up. I don't bother to look because my head is in the damn toilet bowl.

"Fuck, you must really hate my guts" he says.

I wipe the sweat off my head and look back at him.

"What are you doing in here? This is a girls bathroom" I say hesitantly.

"Umm no it's not" he says pointing at a urinal.

"Great!" I say sarcastically.

Zak stands up and puts his hand out waiting for me to grab it.

I choose not to grab his hands and try to get up on my own. I think I stand up too fast because a wave of dizziness hits me and I'm slipping to the floor but never actually hit it.

I look up at Zak who's arms are around me keeping me from falling.
He smiles his beautiful white smile at me and says
" don't be so stubborn Alaya"

I go to the sink and rinse my mouth and dry it with a paper towel as Zak stands near me with his arms crossed. He looks like he is thinking about something.