Mike Imagine (Part One)

This imagine was requested by urban_laylay I decided to turn it into a sort of mini series thing and I really hope you like it!!!

Hawkins, Indiana
1984

I'm lying on the floor of my room staring up at the 'Indiana Jones' poster on my roof.
I barely got any sleep last night because of these flashbacks I keep having.
Whenever I close my eyes, I'm back in that place where that... that thing took me even though it's been over a year since the incident.
No one knows about them except Will since he's my twin brother and I can tell him everything.
Right now, him and the party are all downstairs playing Dungeons and Dragons, but I said I was too tired to participate which was a total lie.
The truth was that I had developed feelings for Will's best friend, Mike and I was worried that I'd say something stupid like: "I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL WHEELER!"
He'd never like someone like me and besides, he likes Eleven.
Then my door swings open and I look up to see Will standing over me.
"Hey Y/N, are you too tired to come to the arcade as well?" He says.
I immediately sit up. "Hell no!"
"Come on then." He says, helping me up. "Mike's gonna come."
"Like I care about him anymore." I lie.
Will roles his eyes. "Sure you don't."
The room turns completely black causing me to flinch.
Will disappears and I'm surrounded by trees.
White snowflakes float around me and vines, brambles and overgrown grass cover the ground although it's hard to see due to the darkness.
A loud moan rattles my bones.
I turn around to see the thing.
The thing that took me to this horrible place.
It's flower-like face opens up, drool dripping from its teeth.
I try to run but my feet seem stuck to the ground.
I try to scream but my voice doesn't seem to work.
As it edges towards me, it vanishes along with everything else around me and I'm left with the eerie blackness from before.
Someone is lightly shaking my shoulder causing me to jolt out of my flashback.
"Y/N." Will says softly. "You passed out, are you ok?"
I squint in the bright light of my room. "Y-yeah, fine... totally fine."
He helps me up, leads me out the door of room and downstairs to where the party is waiting.
"Hey, what's going on?" Mom says from the kitchen table where she's flicking through an old magazine and smoking a cigarette. "Where are you kids off to?"
"The arcade." Says Will.
"Is Y/N coming too?" She asks.
"Yeah, I am." I say, pulling on my old Converse.
"Well, stay safe, stay with Will, don't stay out too late, don't go anywhere by yourself and don't even look at those woods, got that, sweetie?" Mom says.
I nod. "Yeah."
She starts chewing on her nail. "You know, maybe you should just stay here. It'd be safer-"
"Mom, I'll be fine." I interrupt.
"She'll be with me and the rest of the group. We'll keep an eye on her." Will says.
She takes a long drag on her cigarette. "Ok then, off you go. Keep in mind what I said before and I want you both back by 9:00 on the dot."
"Promise." Says Will. "Come on, guys."
We exit out the door and head in the direction of the arcade.
I hate how sometimes Mom acts like I can't hear anything she's saying like I'm just a dumb little kid.

HUGE ASS TIME SKIP TO WHEN THEY'RE AT THE ARCADE

"Shit." Says Dustin. "That goddamn MADMAX person bet my high score on Dig Dug too. It took me two weeks to get that score. Two weeks of going here everyday, spending my hard earned money and almost getting square eyes."
I furrow my eyebrows. "You know square eyes aren't an actual thing, right?"
"Yes, I know that. I was doing it for effect." He says, doing sarcastic jazz hands.
Lucas taps his chin. "Hey, maybe MADMAX is that really weird girl who sits behind Y/N in science and lets everyone use her to do their homework. What's her name again?"
"Mia." I say. (Btw, sorry if your name's Mia. Just change it if you need to)
"Yeah. Yeah, I think it was her. She always acts so weird at school... Maybe it's because she spends all her time thinking up ways to cheat the game." Dustin says.
I roll my eyes. "Do you see a girl like her going even within 50 feet of an arcade?"
"No, but maybe that's just her cover." Lucas says.
"This isn't some stupid comic book." I mutter.
Will looks up at the ceiling in thought. "It could've been Jay." He says. (I just thought of The Inbetweeners for that name 😂😂) "He's always hanging around here. Even way after everyone's gone and he's the only one left in the shop."
"His name doesn't even start with M." Lucas says.
I zone out as Will, Lucas and Dustin argue about who this mysterious 'MADMAX' is and Mike seems too as well.
"Hey." Says Mike.
I snap out of my daze. "Hi."
He scratches the back of his neck. "Um... On the way here, Will said you passed out. Are you ok?"
"Fine." I lie. "I just have a bit of a headache that's all."
"Hope you feel better." He says, a ghost of a smile flickering over his face.
Maybe talking to Mike wasn't gonna be as much of a disaster as I thought it would be.
"Thanks." I say. "How about you? You know... after the whole thing with El."
He presses his lips together. "Not... not well."
I wrack my brain for an appropriate response. "It'll be ok."
He looks at me. "Think so?"
"Know so." I reply.
"You're a pretty alright girl, Y/N." Mike shrugs.
I shrug too and can't hide the wide grin spreading across my face. "Thanks."
I'm about to say something else when the same black emptiness consumes my vision for the third time today and I'm back in the place I was only half an hour ago, but I'm in what seems to be an abandoned arcade, the games around me flickering on and off.
"Will?" I whisper. "Mike? Anyone?"
The air feels different.
Colder and thick with the smell of death and decay.
Then before I know it wind starts to pick up around me.
Trees wave their branches wildly, lightning strikes, thunder booms, everything turning into a whirling blur.
I struggle to take a breath in the wild, dense air, as though I'm being suffocated.
I try to remind myself that it's only a flashback, it can't hurt me, it's not real but everything's so damn real.
My eyes squeeze shut and I'm left with only the sound of howling wind and thunder claps.
I slowly open them, seeing that everything is black again.
"Y/N." Says Mike, his voice distant and echoey.
I snap back to reality. (oh there goes gravity)
Although my vision is blurry, I can make out that Mike is standing in front of me along with Will.
"She needs to see the school councillor or something." Says an out of focus Dustin.
"Shut up, Dustin." Mike says. "Are you ok, Y/N?"
"What happened?" Lucas asks, coming over from the Dig Dug game he was just playing.
Will turns to him. "Nothing."
"I think it was just another one of the episodes I keep having." I say. "But I'm fine."
"I still think we should take her back." Mike says, checking his watch. "It's going on 8:50 anyway."
Will turns back to me. "Are you sure you're ok, Y/N? I think I should probably tell Mom-"
My eyes widen. "No... no, I'm fine." I interrupt. "I don't want her to worry about me."
He nods. "Ok, but at some point she needs to find out."
"Come on, guys!" Calls Dustin from the door of the arcade. "Your Mom meant 9:00 today not 9:00 next year!"
We all rush over to where he's standing and trek back to my house.
No matter how hard I try, I can't stop shaking and every time I blink, I see the monster I saw earlier today, the storm swirling behind him.

Oooooookay I hope that wasn't too bad for y'all.
I spent all my money today on PEZ and a Dirty Dancing poster.
My 80s obsession has returned after I watched Stand by Me, The Lost Boys and Dream A Little Dream.
Look at my boi omg

Corey Haim ❤️❤️❤️

And my other boi

Corey Feldman ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ok I'm sorry you didn't need that information but at the same time you did.
ANYWAY BYE AND BE PREPARED FOR A PART TWO OF THIS IMAGINE

🌸 Eva 🌸