7

chapter 7
The Prince of Wales' daughter
--

It's been 11 days since the wedding and now they are on their way back to London, back to reality, you could say.

Their honeymoon went as they had planned. They decided to visit New Zealand, a dream of theirs to go back, as they had previously done with friends.

For the first three days the couple stayed in a private chateau, relaxing and enjoying each other's company. But they decided that for the other few days left, they'll go and explore some of what New Zealand have to offer.

You know, you can't fight curiosity. The workers of the place where Nick and Helena were staying in, couldn't help themselves. Every now and then they spy the newlywed couple.

They visited some of the places they went back a few years ago, reminiscing of how young they both were and of how time flies by and things change.

It was all too well and fun, but you know, life must continue and they had to go back and prepare for their newest role. First, they still needed to see where they were to live now, second, see what charities and other work stuff, they were to join.

Awaiting for them at the airport were Nick's parents. You know the deal here, they talked about everything and anything throughout the whole ride over to Clarence House. That was still the official residence for Helena, but like her older brother, not for that long. They where staying there for a while until, they solved other things.

After Helena's parents-in-law dropped them at Clarence House, it was time to repeat the same things to her father and stepmother, like with her parents-in-law. But fortunately, Charles and Camilla, wrapped things up and let they couple go and rest. They much needed it, because her brothers would be showing up soon, as well as, Nick's sister would want every detail and let's not forget their closest friends.

For the next few days, they arrange everything. The Queen as a wedding gift, decided to give the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire the apartment that was once used by the Duchess' late mother and where she had grown up for a few years. The moment the queen told them that news, Helena burst into tears and hugged her grandmother. It truly meant so much for her.
But the apartment needed some renovations, so they couldn't live there right away, so as seen, Clarence House would be their home for some time. 

The Duke and Duchess of Devonshire's first official engagement was to represent the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh alongside the Earl and Countess of Wessex at Princess Madeleine's wedding to Christopher O'Neill. Maybe you've heard or not, but Helena and Madeleine are very good friends.
When Madeleine came to London, she spent some time with the British royals, plus Nick lived for awhile in Sweden and somehow befriended the young Swedish Princess.
So now they just had to wait until June 7, in order to make their first appearance.

---

Hellooo!!

Here's another update! A bit short😂
Hope you have a great day or night!
See you soon.