07. Date Night

I stood in front of my vanity, Josephina styling my hair. Thomas laid on my bed beside us. Dad had finally got to meet my friends and he really liked them.

"There you go." Josephina squeezed my shoulders. "Give us a twirl."

I stood up and twirled around. I had a long sleeve yellow shirt and a jean skirt. I looked cute.

Josephina grabbed a pair of aviator glasses and a necklace

Josephina grabbed a pair of aviator glasses and a necklace. She handed them to me and I put on the glasses, striking a pose. Thomas and Josephina burst out laughing.

We were dancing around when Dad came in. He signed that it was close to time and I went out into the living room with Josephina and Thomas. We sat on the couch and waited patiently. We were signing back and forth when Josephina looked over her shoulder.

"Victor is here," she signed.

I got up and headed for the door. Dad had already opened the door and was talking to Victor. I grabbed Dad's arm and he looked back at me. He said something to Victor and looked at me, kissing my forehead.

"Don't get too wild, darling," Dad signed.

I nodded. "I won't. I promise. Don't be too mean to my friends or Victor."

Dad nodded, smiling. "Go on and have fun. Be back at midnight."

I nodded and walked out with Victor. He took my hand and pulled me close. He let go of my hand and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I smiled and wrapped an arm around his waist. I was sure we looked like a cute couple.

Victor led me to the restaurant he was taking me to and we got seated. It was a very nice restaurant and had a nice smell to it. I was looking at the menu when Victor tapped it. I looked up and he had a shy smile on his face.

"You look very lovely tonight, Athena," Victor complimented. "I didn't get to mention it earlier but you look very nice. I like the glasses."

I smiled. "Thanks, Victor. You look quite handsome if I do say so myself."

And he did. His hair was slicked back and he was dressed nicely.

"I want to go on another date with you." Victor laughed to himself. "I know it's just the first date but I like you. A lot."

I smiled shyly. "I like you a lot too. Josephina and Thomas warned me about you. They said that you were a player and you went from girl to girl every week."

"I was like that," Victor said. "I'm not like that anymore. I saw you and I knew that I didn't want to be like that. I wanted a real relationship with someone and I wanted that with you. If only you want it too, of course."

"Of course I do," I said. "I want that. Let's just see how the first date goes."

Victor smiled back and the waitress came by. We ordered and we started having an in-depth conversation. I had to teach Victor some new words but other than that, he was doing just fine with what he knew.

After we finished dinner, Victor took me to a nearby park. We got a secluded area and Victor stopped. He spun me around and I gasped. He pulled me in close and we started dancing. I smiled and Victor smirked at me.

I rested my head against his chest and smiled. Victor snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me as close as he could. We danced until the sun fell and the stars came out. Victor took my home and before we even went down the street, Victor stopped me.

"Can I kiss you?" Victor asked.

I smiled. "Yes, you can."

Victor leaned in and kissed me softly. I grabbed his head and kissed him harder. I could feel him smile and he grabbed my waist. He was tender but passionate. He pulled away and rested his head against mine. We were breathless and panting. 

Victor pulled away slightly. "I like you a lot, Athena. I want to have a second date."

I smiled. "I do too. Wednesday?"

Victor nodded. "I can do that. I'll walk you to your door."

Victor took my hand and he walked me home. He gave me one last kiss before saying goodbye. I went inside and found Dad sitting on the couch, waiting for me.

He stood up. "How was it?"

"Good," I replied, taking off my glasses.

"Was he nice?" Dad asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. He took me to dinner and then a park."

Dad smiled. "I'm glad. Go on to bed. It's late."

I nodded and went to my room. I took off my clothes and tossed them into my hamper. After changing into pajamas, I crawled into my bed and closed my eyes, a smile on my face.