~Gontouma~

Gonta Gokuhara x Kokichi Ouma

Hate me all u want but I s h i p  i t.

A lot of people call it abusive but in my opinion it's not. It's not completely healthy but I wouldn't go as far as to call it abusive. Kokichi was a lil shit to Gonta like he was to everyone else, but Gonta never seemed effected by it. 

Then there's chapter 4. The chapter that most people bring up when talking about this ship. Some people see it as the proof of gontouma being abusive, while some people see it as proof of it not being abusive. Me personally? I'm with the latter, pretty much. I think the chapter proved that deep down Kokichi does care about Gonta. Kokichi is generally pretty misunderstood in the fandom, and a lot of people can't figure out when he's lying or not, causing people to hate him.

It's actually pretty simple to figure out when he's honest or not, tho. Using reverse psychology is a good way to figure it out. (for example, when he says he's lying he's being honest, and when he says he's being honest he's lying) Another way is to look at the sprites. There are certain sprites that are highly implied to be Kokichi's honest expressions, so when you see them he's probably being honest. And in chap 4, when he freaks out and begs Monokuma to kill him too, he just so happens to use those sprites.

Which is why I personally think that Kokichi cared about Gonta and even considered him a friend, most likely because he was trustworthy, loyal, and kind. Which are some things Kokichi seem to like in people. If you disagree then I completely respect your opinion, tho.

Sorry for ranting lmao but I hate when people call it abusive without looking at the facts. In conclusion, I think that with time they could have a very healthy and pure relationship. Gonta seems like the type of person Kokichi could easily open up to, and if Kokichi showed his true colors to Gonta I'm sure they'd end up having a very cute relationship.

So yeah.

8/10!

What are your thoughts on Gontouma?