What is a period/menstral cycle?

Definition of menstrual cycle:
The process of ovulation and menstruation.
——————————————————

People usually get their first period in the age range of 8-15 years old! Don't panic when it comes though, it's completely normal!

What is happening?:
Fluid containing blood flows out of the uterus through the vagina. (picture above) The amount is small, about 3 tablespoons, it may seem like a lot more but it's not! The flow usually last between 2 to 8 days. Some people have a menstrual period every 25 days. Other people get them up to 40 days apart. All are normal!

When you first start getting your period, the length of time between periods, and the number of days the blood flow lasts, May change each month. After a while your periods will get more regular!

At first, the idea of getting periods may seem gross, but periods are a sign that your body is healthy and working properly.

Every month your body practices for this by building a "nest", a place for a baby to grow inside your uterus. The nest is a lining of blood and other fluid that builds up on the uterus walls. Because there's no baby, the lining will shed, and you will have a period. It's all controlled by hormones, the chemicals that change your body from a little kid to a grown-up!

—————————————————-
Hi! I'm creating this book for people who are either about to start their period, or are going to start it soon! Comment any questions and I will answer them! ❤️