Pads ❤️

(Picture above of different types of pads talked about below)

Pads/Napkins are designed to fit in the crotch of your underwear, outside of the body. They are made of layers of absorbent material that collect blood as it leaves the body, and they stick to your underwear with double sided tape.

Pads come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and the one you use depend upon your activities, and whether your blood flow is light or heavy. When people first get their period, most start with pads!

Different types of pads:

Light-moderate size 1
These types of pads are for a light-moderate flow and small underwear!

Light-heavy size 2
These types of pads are for a light-to heavy flow, and medium-large underwear!

Light-heavy size 3
These types of pads are for a light-heavy flow, and extra large underwear!

All of the above are great for day time! Ask your mom, or trusted woman which would be right for you!

Night time pads:

You need overnight pads or long daytime pads to sleep in, because they help keep all the blood from leaking onto your pants or bedsheets over night!

Moderate-heavy overnight size 4
These types of pads are great for over night, because they can absorb more blood, and have more coverage so you don't leak!

Moderate-heavy overnight size 5
These types of pads are the biggest pads you can get! They are very long and will cover most of your butt crack too. You need it to be mostly covered because when you sleep on your back, the blood can travel along your butt crack, and leak out the back! Size 4 or 5 will work just fine for that.

Scented or unscented?
Most pads are available in both scented and unscented versions. Scented products have perfumes and other chemicals to fight oder caused by fluids and moisture trapped in the pad. But they can also irritate skin and cause allergic reactions. You're better off using unscented products and keeping yourself fresh by changing your pads regularly, but you can try scented versions if you want to!

Flex-foam?
Flex-foam pads, are made to be flexible and soft, for sports or everyday use! I personally love these ones, but some people prefer normal pads. You can try both options and see which you like, or you don't have to get them at all!

Wings?
Wings are made to stick around the edges of your underwear to prevent getting blood on them. I personally only get pads with wings, because if they don't have them, I always end up leaking on the edges of my underwear!

Reusable pads?
Reusable pads are often made out of cotton, bamboo, charcoal, and a waterproof fabric on the back. They don't look as unusually as they sound though! Some women prefer reusable pads, because they save a lot of money, work just like normal pads, and they don't end up with trash in a landfill or floating in the ocean. Most of them have wings on them with snaps attached. You can snap them around your underwear, and when they get full you can rinse them and put them in the washer.

It may sound gross but once you get used to it, you might think it's easy! I personally own some reusable pads that I got on amazon, and they are super cute and I don't mind washing them! It's all up to you though!

Dispose of dirty plastic pads by: Wrapping them up with toilet paper and throwing them away. Never flush them!

—————————————————-
I hope you are enjoying this so far, and I hope I am helping you out with something 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
Comment any questions you have! ❤️