Chapter 1

The photos above are Annabeth's outfit and the pink one is Zoe's dress.

"Please I will do anything else! just get me out of this thing!" I gestured to my big ball gown. Sally laughed.

"No Annabeth I will not, you must attend. Now go!" She said. I huffed and stormed out of the room, well as best I could in that dress. I strode down the hall, up the stairs and into my room that was down another corridor, I sat on my bed and pouted at Hazel.

"This is Percy's problem why do I have to be dragged into it?!" I asked.

"Because he is your best friend and you love him." She stated.

Percy Jackson is my best friend, we are both 17 and we are exactly one month apart. My birthday is in one month, his in two. But before his birthday he needs to find a bride, so that is why I am in an itchy gown and killer shoes.

Hazel is thirteen, she is my maid except also one of my closest friends. She has dark skin and frizzy hair that has no hope of being tamed.

"They're lucky they got me in that dress this morning but this is ridiculous!" I slapped my dress not feeling anything through the many layers.

"Come on time to go!" She squealed ignoring my complaints and shoved me out the door. Great. I headed towards the ballroom and stopped at the door. The Jackson were all there and so was my family. Even though I consider the Jacksons more my family than my actual one I still had to stand with the Chases.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WELCOME THE ROYAL FAMILY!" Some guy yelled on the other side of the door. Sally and Paul walked in first then Tyson and Zoe then lastly Percy. My dad and step mum Hellen entered next then my twin brothers Bobbie and Mathew. I came in after them trying not to draw attention to my self even though that was not possible in this disco ball.

I was not royal in any way but my real mum, Athen was best friends with Sally and a week before Percy was born my mum died. So Sally promised to treat me like a daughter and I love her to bits. Three years later my dad remarried to the awful Hellen and Sally and Poseidon had Tyson. Two years later, Hellen, had the twins and Poseidon got lost at sea. Four years later Sally had her own selection and married Paul three years later Zoe joined the family.

"You look lovely lady Annie." Percy teased. I stepped on his foot.

"Shut up seaweed brain!" I hissed. He knows that I hate being called a lady and Annie.

"You of all people know that I hate being called Annie!" I whispered yelled, "Next time I will kick you where the sun does not shine." I said and walked away. I heard him chuckle behind me.

"Annabeth, don't you look lovely." Hellen said and dragged me over to some of her 'friends'. She does this every time! Trying to marry me, I won't have any of it! So I mess with her.

"Hello, Hellen I love your dress! I wonder who's floor it will end up on tonight?" I asked and she looked horror-struck. I know she doesn't cheat on my dad but I will do anything to get rid of her. She acts like I am the only thing she cares about around people, but when we're alone she despises me. Once she even hit me!

Her friends all started to move away. She turned on me and I knew I crossed the line.

"YOU!" She spat and I shrunk in fear I have never feared her before. She pulled her arm up to hit me and I closed my eyes waiting for it. But it didn't come.

"Annabeth!" Tyson yelled and ran over to me. Hellen recovered and pretend to be patting my head she turned around and walked over to my Dad. He is completely oblivious to her actions just like he is completely oblivious to me not coming on the family vacation in three days.