Chapter 8

I let out a sigh as Alicia did my dress up. Of course, she then smacked me over the head.

"Owww!" I yelled in pain.

"I told you not to move!" She said frustrated. We had been trying for about 20 minutes to do my dress up but the zipper wouldn't budge.

"How does it not fit you?" Amanda asked standing in front of me.

"She's got a little tum-tum." Hazel said patting my stomach. I had put on a little weight, mainly because I had to sit around all day in big dresses like that one. I didn't even know if I could have fit through the door that dress was so wide.

"Don't be rude!" Amanda scolded her.

"It's fine," I said. "I should probably work out with the guard's more anyway."  I used to train with the guards a lot but had to stop when well ya know...I STARTED DATING MY BEST FRIEND!

When the girls finally managed to do up my dress I headed to breakfast. I was glad it was a big dress with long sleeves and a high collar because some of the windows were open letting a cold air pass through. It was supposed to be warm but the wind killed it.

 I was very confused when I walked into the dining room to see that all the girls had some floral aspect to their dresses. When Hazel had shown me the dress that morning I thought that it was pretty, but I didn't think that we would all be matching! I took my seat next to Piper and gave her a questioning look she just shrugged her shoulders having no idea what was going on either. 

We had all woken up in the library that morning, slightly confused until we remembered the night before. Piper and I somehow ended up tangled together with various limbs in strange place's. I then had to repeat the whole night's story to my maid's.

"So I'm guessing you would all like an explanation?" Percy asked once he and his family had entered. We all nodded.

"Well for the next few days I will set a theme," He said. " today was... garden n' flower stuff." He sounded slightly confused.

"Floral!" Sally shouted from her table rolling her eyes at her son. Percy turned pink and went on.

"So after breakfast, you will have your first lesson with Juliet then you will all join us in the garden." Percy finished and went back to his table.

 I let the news roll around in my head a bit before it finally clicked. 'He wants to know how we would dress for certain occasions. Whether it be fancy or casual we need to know how to dress properly if we are going to be Queen.' I thought to myself. I also wondered if Percy came up with the idea himself or if Sally did? It was most likely Sally. At this point, it hadn't really settled in that we were all in a competition to get to Percy let alone the fact that one of us will be the next Queen. I started silently panicking as I realized that I liked Percy but I did not want the crown. I could never survive the pressure of a whole country counting on me, I couldn't even handle the step monster.

As I looked around the room again I noticed that the group was getting smaller, he would have to pick one of us, eventually. 

As breakfast started I turned to a very flustered Piper, she had makeup on and she looked deadly. I turned to Silena after to see she didn't have anything on her face, they both looked like they wanted to stab their butter knives into the table. Then piper actually started too so I grabbed the knife.

"Whoa calm down Pipes," I  said patting her back.

"I will murder Thalia!" She whisper-yelled, glaring at Thalia. Thalia just smiled innocently at her a few seats down. Piper already looked amazing but with the makeup, she looked flawless. Silena hadn't caked her but she hadn't gone easy on her either. Her darker eyeshadow worked well with her dark blue dress and the blush made her eyes pop. I was also surprised that Silena had the right colour of foundation since Silena was quite pale and Piper was Cherokee. I rolled my eyes at their antics.