♚ 14 ♚

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ᴄᴏɴsǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs •

═══════════════╗CHAPTER FOURTEEN• ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs •

╚═══════════════.▪.

"Is everything okay, your highness?" Inha asks, startling you and bringing you back from your thoughts.

"Um," You blink a few times to regain awareness. "Yes."

"It's freezing and you're not wearing much." Inha points out your outfit which was only a gown. "You should come in."

You nod and walk back into the room, closing the door to the balcony.

"Thank you. I wouldn't want her highness to freeze."

"Please, Inha, don't address me by highness."

"But that's the only correct way." She argues with the request for informality. "You're my princess and soon to be queen."

"And because of that, I want you to call me by my name." You smile innocently knowing she couldn't deny your request.

"You look a bit different. Perhaps happier?"

You give her a tender smile. "Jin and I are back on track. He kissed me yesterday and I didn't feel scared. I actually felt... serene."

"I'm very glad to hear that and I'm very glad that you're happy."

"I am happy and everything is going well except for the north wanting to kill me." You apprise.

"The north what?!" Inha raises her tone, something you've never seen happen.

"My food was poisoned and Alia, my taste tester, died from it."

"So someone in the castle is working for king Heechan."

"Yes. Yoosik and Jin are currently interrogating every servant right now."

"The king?" Inha questions. "He isn't well. He mustn't be anywhere but his bed."

"That's what I told him, but he responded with 'I cannot call myself a king if I don't continue my duty until death.' and we all know we can't argue with his stubbornness." You respond and Inha laughs.

"Would you like me to cook up something?" Inha offers. "I make really good Bulgogi."

"Yes!" You groan. "I'm famished."