♚ 17 ♚

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏʀᴛʜ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SEVENTEEN• ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏʀᴛʜ •

╚═══════════════.▪.

"Y/N!" Your mother exclaims as she opens her arms to greet you.

"Mom." You smile.

She pulls you into a hug then pulls away.

"That belly doesn't let you give the best hugs, huh?" Your mother teases.

"I'll be back to giving the best hugs soon, don't worry." You grin.

"When are you going to come out?" Your mother asks your belly. "I want to meet you."

"I'm sure very soon." You answer her. "Hopefully soon."

"I remember when you were little and always said you couldn't wait to grow up and have a family of your own," Your mother moves the few strands of hair that covered your face. "Now look at you. A queen, a wife, and a soon to be mother."

You smile at her words.

"I'm so happy for you."

You notice the tears building up in your mother's eyes and groan.

"Please don't cry. I'm very emotional right now and I'll cry with you." You whine.

"Okay I won't," Your mother chuckles and wipes her tears. "I'm just very happy."

Your hand rests on your belly and you look down. "I am too."

• • • •

"There's my queen." You hear a familiar voice say from behind you.

You turn around and a smile creeps onto your face. Jin walks towards you and kisses your forehead.

"How are you and our little baby?" He asks and you roll your eyes.

"You can't just keep calling him little baby. He's going to be born soon and we need a name."

"Trying to find the perfect name he's going to be called forever is hard." Jin pouts.

"Do you have any idea of what you'd want it to be?"

"I certainly want him to have 'Jin' in his name."

"Well you better get to thinking or if not I'm picking the name."

"I will!" Jin raises his hands up in surrender. "I'll have the name by tonight. I promise."

• • • •

You wrap the towel around your body before walking back to your room. You slip on your undergarments then your long silk gown.

You sit in front of your vanity and brush your damp hair. Inha quietly bursts into your room and shuts the door, causing you to stand and face her.

"Inha?" You ask and quickly feel fear when you see the look on her face. "What's going on?"

"It's the North," Inha says. "They're coming."

• • • •

"Everyone stand on the wall!" Jin shouts. "We will not let them in!"

The guards do as Jin instructs and climb the ladder to the top of the castle walls. They crouch down and position themselves in between the gaps with a bow in their hands and arrows next to them, ready to fire at any moment.

"You," Jin grabs one of the guards. "Go tell other guards to light the cannons."

You quickly walk into the courtyard as you tie your robe.

"Jin!" You call and he turns around.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?! You should be inside!"

"They're coming for me aren't they?"

"Y/N-"

"Aren't they?" You ask again but more sternly.

Jin sighs and cups your face. "I won't let them get to you or our son."

"You shouldn't be out here, Y/N!" You hear Yejin shout from behind you.

"I love you." Jin kisses your lips chastely.

"I love you."

Yejin grabs your wrist and begins to pull you back into the castle. She lets go when you stop walking and begin to groan in pain.

"What's wrong?" Yejin asks, worry in her tone.

You take a deep breath in and look at her.

"My water just broke."

❖ ── ✦ ── 『♚♛』 ── ✦ ── ❖