Q&A with Jane and Characters [BONUS!]

All bonus chapters have been moved to the back of the book for the binge readers

All bonus chapters have been moved to the back of the book for the binge readers. The newest chapter is always before this one. Enjoy!

Will Nix ever find her mother again, or is she dead?

She is most definitely not dead, as firefoxes live up to 5,000 years. But if Nix wil find her momma...? Well, that's a mystery :)

Will Nix actually get bigger than when she was first trapped?

Much to her disappointment, Nix has not grown a bit. She was in a state of non-living for two hundred years, meaning she's technically two centuries behind on her growth. This also means she'll live two centuries longer, as she didn't really 'exist' those two and a half centuries that she was in the bottle.

Who's been your favorite character to write so far for The Alpha's Flame?

Aside from Nix? Most definitely Thoysal. Gods, I just love him. He's like a better version of Estrary - another character I just need to write a story on. I can't wait for him and Nix to lurk together, for him to teach her how to sneak up on werewolves and watch them without them noticing. He pretends to be all heartless and cold and loner, but he secretly likes her presence.

Who's been the hardest character to write so far?

Oof... That is a good question. I'd say Oscen. I don't want your usual cliché Alpha that is barely over eighteen years old, just happens to be mates with the main character, is a formidable fighter, has amazing abs, barely thinks twice about caring for the pack, yada yada. He had to be a good leader, one who cared for his people, yet somehow still be impulsive enough to spend far too much money on a nifty piece of magic.

Fight between Thoysal and Nix -- Who wins?

I'm sorry, Nix, but Thoysal. He's older, knows his fair share of magic, and is faster, smarter, and far more lethal. He could simply knock her out with a mental blow and kill her within seconds. She has no defences whatsoever, aside from her tail. If she were fully grown, it'd be slightly different, as she'd mentally be stronger and would be able to summon fire at will, but as a young fox kit? She doesn't stand a chance.

Nix, why are you so cute?

Nix: I'm not! ;-; I'm gorgeous, just look at my tail. You don't have a tail like that, do you? I'm beautiful, not cute. If you think otherwise, you get my tail in your face.

Why did you pick a fox kit, out of any animal?

I'll have to be honest here and finally post what inspired this entire story. It's the picture below. I tend to browse Pinterest for pictures to build my characters around, both male, female, and creature. This picture popped up along with other bottled creatures, and I knew I just had to make a story about her. Just like the character of the picture below Nix's will definitely make an appearance soon. Oh, and do you see the big fox in the bottle? When Nix is all grown up, her tail will be just as big.