Pen Pals (Huey X Reader)

Oh buddy boi I guess I'm back

Decided to use she/her pronouns for this one. Idk just felt like it.

I'm actually really proud of this one?? I just really liked it, so I hope you do, too. ❤

Key:
(Y/n): Your name
(h/l): hair length
(e/c): eye color
(f/c): favorite color

××××

    For a long time, (Y/n), a young girl from Britain, had been writing to a boy named Huey, whom lived in America. From what she'd gathered while writing to him, Huey was an intelligent, kind, and caring individual. She very much respected him when they first begun writing to eachother.

     However, over the past few months she'd been writing to him, something odd begun happening. Whenever her father brought in the mail, she felt her heart swell when he said that she had gotten a letter from Huey. And whenever she read the letter, she could hardly stay focused, as her mind would drift away and all her thoughts became invaded by him.

     She didn't understand what was wrong with her! She had asked her parents if she was ill, but they always gave her some sort of strange look. Like they knew something she didn't. It was so aggravating! She couldn't stand not knowing what was wrong with her!

     Little did she know, her friend was having the exact same dilemma.

     Huey always loved writing to (Y/n). He could feel her passion in every little word she wrote, no matter how mundane the subject. She just had so much drive and focus in her. She had easily become Huey's best friend within weeks.

     So, why did he get butterflies in his stomach whenever he held the envelope addressed to him in his hands? Why did his temperature increase whenever (Y/n) was mentioned? And why did he always feel his heart beating louder and faster whenever he read her letters?

    Whenever he had finished one of her letters, he had to immediately check his pulse. It was always faster than normal. There was always such a strange feeling in his chest whenever he thought about her. And that feeling was there often-- he'd been thinking about (Y/n) a lot recently. He'd never even met her, and he couldn't get her off his mind.

     His brothers always teased him about it. They kept saying that he liked her-- that he loved her. But, surely, that wasn't the case.

     Was it?

     The thought entered (Y/n)'s mind as well, and she felt her heart stop for a moment. She couldn't possibly feel that way, could she? No, no, surely not.

     Right?

     Huey stood up from his desk, dropping his pencil in the process. He had been writing his next letter to you, but now he was pacing back and forth on his room. His heart was pounding against his chest, beating like a drum.

     He couldn't possibly feel that way. He just couldn't! You were his friend-- his best friend at that! He couldn't...no. Not with his best friend.

     But he was, wasn't he?

     (Y/n) ran a hand through her (h/l) hair, letting out a shaky breath. Everything made sense now. The funny feelings, the smile on her face when she though about him. She was in love.

     Her (e/c) eyes flicked over to her desk. There laid a (f/c) notebook and a pencil. She swallowed nervously. She took a deep breath, and marched over to the desk.

     She sat down in the wooden chair, and picked up her pencil. She turned to a blank page in her notebook, and pressed her pencil down against the clean sheet of paper.

'Huey,
I want to meet you.
-(Y/n)'

     It was simple what she wrote. She didn't want to write too much. She quickly scribbled her number down below on the extra space, and pulled out an envelope. She folded the paper, before sliding the note into it. She sealed it, and carefully placed a stamp in the corner of the envelope. She let a soft sigh, and looked out the nearby window.

     "Soon, Huey," she mumbled to herself. She gently placed a hand over her heart. "Soon."