Work

{3 months later}

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, Holly groaned and I turned it off. I finally had a day off and I was going out shopping for a car, I had been getting driving lessons and I had only a short way to go until I could start driving. I got up and got dressed, slipping on some leggings and a t-shirt, it was getting colder outside now. Chris and I were still on non-speaking terms ever since he mentioned 'Emma'. I didn't know what came over me but I guess I couldn't face him anymore. The only time I ever saw him was at work and even then we hardly spoke. My phone started to ring, it was Ian. "I'm really sorry, Sophia, but can you do a shift at the café today? I'm going to a funeral for my friend's mom." He said quickly.

I sighed, of course this would happen to me, "Okay fine... Who will be working with me?"

"Chris." He replied.

I rolled my eyes, "Of course he is." I ended the call and made my way to work, at least I was getting payed for this. When I got to work I hardly flashed Chris a smile when I walked around the café, passing him every now and again.

"Excuse me." An elderly man said, tapping me on the shoulder.

I smiled at him, "Can I help you? Is there a problem?"

"Yes, I ordered a coffee ten minutes ago... That young man said it wouldn't be a minute." He looked around the room, "I can't see him." My eyes scanned the room, I couldn't see him either. Where was he? I walked into the kitchen, nothing. I got the man his coffee and looked around the building for him.

Chris's POV:

I pushed the dick against the wall and held his collar, "You don't talk about girls like that! Do you hear me?" I spat. He didn't say anything. "Do you hear me?"

He nodded, "Yes, I do. Get the fuck off of me!"

He scrambled to get away but he wasn't as strong as me. "You wouldn't be in this mess if you respected women!" I shouted, pushing him harder.

"Chris!" I heard Sophia shout.

I turned my head, she looked angry. I let go of the guy and he took a step towards her, "Your little body guard here threw me out because I made a... comment about you." He whispered, I swear if he got any closer to her I'd fucking punch him.

"I'm sorry about him. Just go." She said, gesturing for the guy to leave. He nodded. "How fucking dare you throw customers out!" She shouted.

"I'm sorry! He was talking about you in ways a woman should never be talked about. I couldn't take it." I held my hands up. She shook her head and walked back inside. I ran after her, I know I shouldn't have left work but sometimes I can't control my anger towards people. "Sophia!" I whispered fiercely.

She turned around, "What? Can't we save this for later? I need to get back to work, and so do you."

I nodded slowly and got back to work, hopefully not too many people noticed. I carried on with work trying to give her time to calm down and not want to rip my head off. I was serving a woman when I looked over at Sophia, she really did look beautiful. Her soft hair tied up and her gorgeous smile lit up the room. I sighed, I had messed up. "Hello?" The woman waved her hand in front of my face.

I cleared my throat, "Oh sorry, I was just-"

"Looking at your colleague over there? It's so obvious." She laughed.

I blushed, "Well, we've been through so much and I really messed up."

"Listen to me, if she loves you, she'll forgive you. If she doesn't forgive you, you've got to fight for her love, okay?" The lady said, picking up her coffee. "Do you love her?"