Chapter Four

On the drive home, I couldn't get my mind off the notebook Laurie gave me and also the fact that the my father may or may not being drugging me. I grew nervous with every minute I got closer to my house. Could I really act like myself around my father after worrying that he could be the reason I forgot everything.

Pulling to a stop in our drive way, I take a couple minutes to calm my nervous before getting out and heading inside. Before I could even open the front door, my father throw it open. "How did it go? Did you remember anything?" He asked nervously as he tried to seem hopeful. Now that I think about it, he always acted this way when ever I came home from my appointment.

Sighing sadly I lower my head. "I'm afraid not. Laurie doesn't think she can do anymore to help me." I mumbled as I glanced up at him briefly. A small smirk began to form on his face before he wiped it off and placed a frown on instead. "That's a shame dear. Don't worry though, I'll help you as much as I can. You'll get your memory back soon." He stated with forced sympathy.

"Thanks dad." I mumbled as I stepped into the house. I made sure to shove the notebook inside my leather jacket, hiding it from my father. "I am going to go in my room and rest for a little bit." I stated as I walked past him. He nodded his head and made his way in the opposite direction, to the kitchen. "Alright dear, I'll make us our tea for tonight!" He exclaimed happily.

I hurriedly shut my door behind me and walked to my desk as I shredded my jacket and placed it on the chair. I grabbed the notebook and headed to my bed. After getting comfortable on the bed with my feet stretched out and head being propped up, I flip the notebook open to the first page.

'May 7th, 2018'

Today I had a young patient come in with a severe case dementia. She couldn't remember anything from her past. So far this has to be the worse case that I came along. So far the only thing she remembers is what her father told her. 

I asked about the faded scars that covers her body. A boyfriend that loved hockey, enough to wear a mask the whole time, caused those scars. Not only that but the boyfriend caused the explosion that erased her memory. 

'May 14th, 2018'

My second appointment with the girl surprised me. She forgot everything we talked about, it didn't seem right. The only things she remembered was what her father told her. Something just see off here.

I grew curious with each day I read. I skipped a couple pages, seeing how it said the same things pretty much. Why can't I remember that I had a boyfriend, an abusive one at that. 

November 30, 2018

I fear that her father may be the one drugging her. Nothing else makes any sense and that is the only logically reason. I'm afraid to ask after the surprise meeting with her father. He showed up after hours, demanded that I stop the appointments.

If my theory's are right, her father is lying to her about everything. The only way for her to gain back what was stolen, she needs to find her way back to where it all started. Back to Camp Crystal Lake.

That was her last written log, it has been two months since then. Back to where it all started, back to Camp Crystal Lake? It did ring a bell, but yet I couldn't put a finger on it. I knew in that instant that I had to get back there, even if that meant I had to lie and run away from my dad.

I closed the book and shoved it under my mattress as I heard some of the cabinets closes in the kitchen. He was done and should be on his way soon. I quickly got up from my bed and open the door for him, it was out of happened. Something that I guess I did every night.

"Hey baby girl, I got your hot tea." He said as he laid it down on the desk in my room. "Thanks dad." I smiled as I picked it up and looked in it. I was fully aware of my dads gaze never leaving my cup. "uh hey dad, do you think I can have some crackers? I'm a bit hungry." I stated with a sheepish smile.

"Sure hun, I'll be right back." He stated as he took one last glance at my cup before heading back into the kitchen. Thinking quick I look around the room, I didn't really have anything to hide the tea in. So I just dumped it onto the carpet in the furthest corner and placed my dirty basket over it.

As soon as I got back to the center of the room, I quickly put the empty cup to my lips and brought it down slowly as my dad came in. I wanted him to think I drank it. He noticed the empty cup and smiled. "Here." He said as he took the cup and gave me the bag of crackers.

We said our good nights and I made sure to quickly wright a small note just in case I wake up with no memory again. All it said was Camp Crystal Lake. Laying down, I stare up at the ceiling. I was scared, what if this doesn't work, or what if my dad is actually lying to me this whole time.  

Before I knew it, I passed out and fall dead asleep. By the time morning came along, birds chirped as the cold morning air blow into the room. I rolled over as my eyes slowly opened to gaze out the window.

The first thought that ran through my mind as I laid awake was, my father was lying to me all along.