Chapter Five

"Act normal." I kept whispering to myself as I looked at my reflection in the mirror. How was I possible suppose to act normal when my own father as been drugging me, he has to have a good reason right? I was to scared to ask and besides I want to see what was at Camp Crystal Lake.

I had to think of something and I had to think of it fast. I assumed that if I acted how I was yesterday morning, he will probably believe that I don't remember anything. I just need to be able to get out of the house, say I'll go to an appointment and he wouldn't know any different. 

"Morning dad." I greeted him as I walked into the kitchen, he was in his plaid pajama pants and his dark blue robe standing by the counter making his coffee. "Morning hun, remember anything?" He asked.

Now that I know some what of the truth, I always missed the edge in his voice or the certain look in his face before. "I remember my name." I mumbled just how I did yesterday morning. He forced out a sigh and turned to look at me. "Well that's a start." He smiled hopefully as he placed a plate of pan cakes on the table for me. Everything was the exact same.

"Go ahead and eat." He stated, pointing to the spot at the table. I nodded my head with a small smile and was just about to eat. I had a fork full of cut pan cakes about half way to my mouth when I noticed my dads intense stare.

Did he drug this as well? I became very uncomfortable and nervous as I met his gaze. He nodded down at the food, his eyes never leaving it. Slowly putting my fork back down on the plate. "H-hey dad." I stuttered out, I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes.

"Yeah?" He asked uncertainty. "I'd like to go see Mrs. Tingly again."' I blurted out, I was desperate to get out of this house and away from him. He sighed loudly, causing me to look up at him. He was shaking his head while looking down at the ground.

"I don't think that is a good idea." He stated. He didn't use this excuse yesterday. "Why's that?" I asked, I had a feeling this was going to be hard to convince him. "You have been seeing her for months now and nothing as worked. You even barely remember her. I just don't see the point in it." He explained.

"What if I promise this will be the last time?" I begged, hoping he will forget about my food. He made a hmm noise as he thought for a moment. "And if I would agree, you would just forget about the whole deal." He declared in a mock tone, pretty much throwing the fact that I can't remember anything in my face.

"I can write it down and sign it, so in the morning it will prove that this deal did happen." I suggested, praying that he would agree. It was quiet for a bit, until he nodded his head. I couldn't help but smile, it worked.

"Okay deal, I will get the paper." He said as he walked out of the room. Taking the chance, I quickly grab the plate and dump it in the trash can before taking my seat at the table again. A minute later he came back with writing all ready on it.

"Okay, sign your name." He demanded as he headed me the paper. I read over it fast and it said pretty much everything we discussed. Taking the pen from his hand, I scribble my signature at the bottom and hand it over. He smirked as he grabbed it and folded the paper before shoving it in his back pocket. 

"Alright go ahead and get ready to go see her for the last time." He sneered before leaving the room. I grew heated with him and all I wanted to do was walk after him and scream. I was at least glad the missing food went unnoticed by him. I left the kitchen and went to my room.

I hurriedly got dress before walking to the front door. "Alright dad, I'm going to head out. I'll see you tonight." I yelled as I grabbed his keys and ran out of the house. I wasn't planning on coming back tonight, or any time soon actually.

As I got in the car, I looked back up at the house and saw my dad standing on the porch watching me with a look I couldn't name. I didn't like it and I felt like he had something else planned for me. 

I peeled out of the drive way and started to drive. I wasn't lying to him, I am actually going to see Laurie one last time. About five minutes later, I jump out of the car and run into the building. By the time I get up to her office I am out of breath and started to bang on her door. 

"Is that really necessary?! Oh it's you, Katherine." She stated shocked as she opened the door wider for me, I walked in and instead of sitting down, I began to pace around. "How can I help you?" She asked. I could hear the hopefulness in her voice as she watched me.

"You were right, he was drugging me! I remember everything that happen yesterday!" I exclaimed loudly, making her jump. "Oh dear, you can't go back. I can't really tell you what you should do." She whispers as she shakes her head. 

"I know what I want to do. I want to get my memories back so I can face him." I demanded, causing her to sigh. "I tried to help, but child I don't think I can do anymore." She stated sadly as she took a sit at her desk.

"I want you to tell me where Camp Crystal Lake is." I stated sitting across from her. "You said I need to go back to where it all started." I explained. She looked nervous as she dug in her drawl. "I'll tell you where it is at but you need to know something about that place first." She declared, pulling out newspaper. 

"Something just didn't seem right with you hockey loving boyfriend." She explained as she pushed the newspapers towards me.