7

Jericho P.O.V

The tension between Ban and I haven't lifted at all. I haven't even told him why I was there at the village in the first place. Everytime I tried he just ignored and blew me off. I was walking behind him looking down at my feet locked in my mind.I hadn't realized Ban had stopped in front of me until I ran into his back.

"Hey what wa-"

Before I could finfish I was pulled into Ban's arms and I felt a cold liquid on my back. I saw Ban's eyes locked on something so I turned my head back and saw a bear with Ban's hand through its chest. My eyes widen in shock. Ban let me go as soon as he saw the bear drop dead.

"Lets go"

I looked back at the dead bear and started to walk away. As I began to walk away I heard small cries from behind me and stopped, I looked over to the bear and saw 2 cubs. My heart skipped a beat as I watched the cubs call out to its dead mother. I looked between Ban and the cubs trying to pick who to run to. It was raining now. I ran to Ban and grabbed his hand pulling him. He stopped and looked back at me.

Ban P.O.V

I felt Jericho grab my hand so I looked back at her and was taken back at her face.

'She's...Crying'

I watched as her tears fall from her eyes. I then heard the small cries and looked to the bear I had killed. I saw the cubs and frowned looking at them. I felt weight shift and my hand being dragged down slightly. I looked down at Jericho and saw her on her knees in the mud still clutching my hand.

"Please....stop it!"

Her shout startled me. I was confused by what she meant.

"Stop what?"

Her hand squeezed mine harder. Her nails digging into my hand.

"Stop killing things! They Didn't deserve it!.....The beast people didn't deserve to die! They were so nice to me and you killed half of them! Grace's Father and older brother...Y-You Killed them!"

Her tears seemed to flow faster at every word she spoke. And every word felt like she was stabbing me.

"Jericho Li-"

She unsheathed her sword and stabbed my stomach. I coughed up blood looking at her, she was crying even more and her sword was shaking because of her trembling hands. She took her sword out and threw it on the ground and dropped down again. I dropped down next to her as my wound healed I looked her over.

"I....I was there for a reason Ban...."

I felt my heart squeeze as she said this. I looked to the side regretting what I did.

"I saw....how you looked at Elaine at the Fairy King's Forest...I could tell You wanted her back...that's why I was working at the bar...to get info..o-on if there was a way to bring people back to life...and t-thats why I was there.."

'S-she was there f-for me....'

I looked down upset then I saw her shivering. I took my trench coat off and covered her with it. I shivered but I didn't care. She looked at me and I gently placed my hand on her chin and looked at her eyes. They were red and slightly puffy from crying. She turned her head away from me and I instinctively grabbed her arm and pulled her into an embrace. Her arms slowly raised up and wrapped around me, hugging me back. I felt guilt slowly rise up inside me as I hugged her.

'Sh-she was there for me..to get info..on how to bring people back to life...'

I continued to hold her. I leaned my head down to her shoulder and spoke quietly in her ear.
"I'm sorry.... Jericho...."