2

Your POV

I walked to the library since I didn't know where else to go. Eventually I found it and went to the very back to hide from onlookers. When I arrived I saw a girl reading in a beanbag chair. She had long wavy black hair and emerald green eyes. She looked up when she heard me walking and smiled. "Hey, you're the new kid huh." I nodded. "What's your name?"

"Y/n Y/l/n," I answered.

"Lauren," she introduced as she stood up and held out her hand.

I shook it. "Do you have a friend named Dinah?" I asked remembering what she had said about her friend Lauren.

"Yeah, why?"

"I met her," I answered shortly. She gestured for me to continue. "We have math together. She said I look like her friend Lauren."

Lauren walked closer to me with her arms folded and inspected my build and features. After a minute she shook her head. "I don't see it."

We stood here awkwardly until she sat back down and asked, "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Shouldn't you?" I asked back.

"I have a free period," she answered giving me a look to answer now myself.

"I knocked a kid out," I shrugged.

"On your first day?" She chuckled. "Wait let me guess. Slick black hair, black eyes, leather jacket?" I nodded. "And you sat in his, quote on quote, seat?"

I gave her a look. "How'd you know?"

"You seem like the guy who wouldn't take his bullshit," she shrugged.

"What's his name?"

"Xavier," she shuddered. "I know, he even has a douchbag name." I opened my mouth to say something when:

"Y/n Y/l/n will you please report to the principals office. Y/n Y/l/n please report to the principals office."

"Why?" I asked confused.

Lauren chuckled. "You should've been expecting it. After all, you did knock him out. You really thought he wasn't gonna raise hell?"

I then thought about it. So I guess you can't fight people in this school without getting in trouble. Well that's stupid, but noted. I sighed. "Whatever then. See you around Lauren." I then started to walk away.

"Yeah, see ya."

I made my way to the principals office and entered. When I got there I saw the principal and Xavier sitting. Xavier was holding ice to his nose. "Take a seat," the principal instructed. I did as I was told as I looked at his nameplate. Principal Stever. "Listen kid, you're new. What happened?"

I didn't know what to say so I just said, "He started it."

"And let me guess," Principal Stever paused, "you finished it?"

I looked around the room as if searching for an answer before settling me eyes back on him. "Well yeah."

"Now how did Mr. Shulks start it?"

"He grabbed my shit in a threatening way," I explained.

He turned to Xavier. "And why did you do that?"

"He sat in my seat!" Xavier exclaimed.

Principal Stever rolled his eyes. "Very well. You'll both be given a warning this time. However, if this happens again there will be serious consequences. Dismissed."

Ms and Xavier got up and headed back to English class. I entered first and sat down in "Xavier's seat" just to rub salt in the wound. Xavier glared at me as he went to sit down in a different seat.

I was paying attention to the lesson when a girl whispered to me, "What you did was really cool."

I turned to her and saw a girl with brown skin, curly brown hair, and chocolate eyes. "Excuse me?" I asked.

"What you did? It was cool," she repeated.

"And what did I do?"

"You totally put Xavier in his place. I'd pay money to see that again."

"Who's talking?" The teacher turned around from writing something to face the class. Everyone was silent so she went back to writing.

The girl continued to whisper to me. "I'm Normani," she introduced.

"Y/n," I replied.

She nodded and then went back to paying attention. She was silent for the rest of the class. Eventually class ended and it was time for lunch. When I entered the cafeteria all eyes turned to me. I rolled my eyes and headed towards an empty table when:

"Hey Y/n come sit with us!"

My head snapped in the direction it came from and I saw Dinah, Lauren, and Normani along with two other girls I didn't know. I slowly walked over to them. "Hey?" I asked more than stated.

"Hey, sit next to me," Dinah said. I did as I was told. I was next to Dinah who was next to Normani and across from us was Lauren and the two other girls I have yet to really meet.

"So you're the guy who knocked out Xavier?" The girl with wavy brown hair and brown eyes asked. I nodded. She smiled. "Cool."

The other girl smacked her arm. "Mila! Not cool!" The girl, Mila, frowned as the other girl looked at me. "Sorry, I jut don't think violence is the answer."

I shrugged. "Well violence is the only thing I know."

"Damn," Lauren spoke. "Where'd you grow up?"

"Somewhere," I answered vaguely. They all nodded. "So what's your guys names?" I asked the two girls I didn't know.

"I'm Camila," the girl, Mila, spoke. "But everyone calls me Mila."

"But I call her Camz," Lauren interjected. She gave me a look. "Don't call her that."

I put my hands up in surrender. "Noted."

"I'm Ally," the other girl introduced.

I nodded. "Well, it's nice to meet you both."

"So where ya from?" Ally asked.

"Washington DC," I answered.

"Wow, why'd you move out here?" Camila asked.

"Wanted a fresh start," I half lied.

"But why here?" Lauren asked.

I wasn't sure how to answer that, but thankfully I didn't have to as the bell ringed. We all went out own way to class. I had anatomy next. It's only been one day of school so far and I can already tell you this. I hate it.

Hope you enjoyed tell me what you thought