Chapter 16 - Trust me

'Where are you?'

Was the last text the arachnid sent and the last one Wade had received.

He stared at his screen as he ran down the street, constantly checking the hour.

His anxiety grew louder every time his heavy boots would make that characteristic sound as they hit the pavement, literally, White was bombarding him with with his always so positive comments.

"You had to stop for food, didn't you?"

"It's for Spidey, shut the fuck up."

Wade heard the other box groan. "Yeah but now we're late and he's going to be mad."

"He won't once he smells the food." Wade said, probably trying to convince himself more than he was trying to convince the boxes.

"He can get his own damn food."

"We're just being nice, White."

"Are you sure it's only because of that?"

Wade rolled his eyes but didn't say anything. Ever since he'd started to question his true feelings towards Spider-Man, White had become even more pissy than usual.

"Yeah, because feelings are stupid."

"Who are you talking to?"

"The author, dumbass."

"Aw don't call him that."

"I'm talking about you."

"The only reason why you think feelings are stupid is because you're afraid they won't be reciprocated." Added Wade. He looked around and sighed relieved as he finally started to recognize his surroundings, he was close to the spider.

"Aren't you forgetting something? We have a soulmate and that sure as hell isn't Spider-Man."

"We don't know that."

"Yes we do. The universe wouldn't do that to someone like him. It would be so unfair after everything he's done for everyone to give him a soulmate this shitty."

Both Yellow and Wade remained silent. They knew White had a point.

"Meaning our soulmate is still out there waiting for us, we can't do that to him."

"Didn't you think the soulmate thing was trash?"

"Now that you two seem to be infatuated with Spider-Man I've changed my mind."

Wade looked up at the building the hero and him were supposed to meet at. "You think he's still there?" He asked. Both boxes were still discussing the soulmate subject so they didn't reply. Wade shrugged. "Spidey, let down your webs!" He yelled.

A couple seconds later he heard a 'thwip', before a web was shot at his chest, sticking to it and pulling him up.

Spidey held Deadpool's hand and basically yanked him up so now the mercenary was standing in front of him. "You're late." Was all he said.