Chapter 27 - Lost In You

———

Somehow I found a way to get lost in you

Let me inside

Let me get close to you

Change your mind

I'll get lost if you want me to

Somehow I found a way to get lost in you

-"Lost In You", Three Days Grace.

———

Peter went over Smythe's files for what might've been the millionth time that evening. No matter how many times he checked them he couldn't find any more answers, he couldn't find a way to deactivate nor destroy all Spider Slayers all at once without having to fight them one by one. So he'll have to, once again, sneak into Oscorp's labs and shut them all down from the main computer.

He sighed, his eyes fixed on a random file while his hands rested motionless on the keyboard. He wasn't expecting to find out Smythe had simply written down the instructions on how to destroy his creation and left them there for anyone to see but he did have a folder named 'Confidential and personal projects' in his computer along with another one specifically named 'Spider Slayer' so no one could blame Peter for hoping he'd be equally explicit when it came to the rest of the information about his sinister invention.

At least the human experimenting had stopped, he knew that much or at least he hoped he was right. After analyzing the information in the drive as a whole he figured Alistair had tried to replicate his powers and after failing so many times he thought he'd manufacture a spider killing machine.

That's all he knew though and he wasn't even sure he was right. It also didn't make much sense if he was honest. Why try and recreate someone's abilities to then design a machine that could kill them? He had no idea. Maybe Smythe was one of those 'If I can't have this power then no one will' kind of villain.

Peter put his old laptop aside and let out a deep sigh. Alistair's plans were going to drive him insane if he didn't figure out what exactly was going on soon.

He looked at his phone.

7:16pm.

He also still had to talk to Wade about that. Yet another reason for Peter to want to spray Raid into his mouth.

The thought of the mercenary now conjured up different emotions. He felt happy, because at least he wasn't ignoring him anymore, he felt excited, because regardless of the tricky situation they were in he still looked forward to seeing him again tonight, but most importantly...he was scared shitless. Things were uncertain. He didn't know if Wade would forgive him, Peter wouldn't blame him if he didn't, or if he'd push him away forever. Hell, he didn't even know if he returned his feelings. For all he knew all that flirting could've been pretend. Or not. Deadpool was just that complex and unpredictable. There was definitely more to him than just rainbows, guns and sex jokes.

Peter's eyes were now fixed on the Spider-Man suit that rested in a corner of the small living room.

It didn't matter. Peter's fears didn't matter. Wade deserved an apology, he deserved an explanation. It was time for Peter to grow the hell up and tell him the truth.