Chapter 24 - Bider-Man: Origins

Peter glanced at Smythe who was sitting at his desk reviewing one of his Oscorp projects, it had something to do with nanotechnology, but Peter didn't really pay much attention to it so he wasn't sure. He watched as the scientist typed one word after another as he wrote his report on the last pilot study he'd conducted.

He sighed, Smythe wouldn't be out of his office in a while so he had to wait a little longer. He'd also finished going through the data he was asked to correct so he had nothing else to do. That gave him enough time to obsess over the absence of a certain mercenary and the last text he'd received from him.

He took his phone out, unlocked it, opened the conversation and reread the texts like he'd been doing for the past four days and a half.

Wade: sweetums !! I'll be outta town for a while, got an orgy to attend, i'd invite u but it's 4 the MLP official members club only. Don't have too much fun without me ;))
[Sunday. 1:34am]

Peter: Where are you going?
[Monday. 7:20am]

Peter: Where are you going and for how long will you be gone?
[Monday. 7:21am]

Peter: Are you really attending an orgy? I wouldn't be surprised but I'm not convinced.
[Monday. 3:47pm]

Peter: Wade
Peter: Wade
[Tuesday. 12:01pm]

Peter: Waaaaaade
[Tuesday. 8:37pm]

Peter: :( Spidey needs attention...
Peter: Fine, it's over. Don't ever call again.
[Wednesday. 9:37pm]

Peter: Jk. Seriously though, reply to my texts.
[Wednesday. 10:56pm]

Peter: Reply to my texts, coward.
[Wednesday. 11:00pm]

Peter: If you don't reply in the next 24 hours, you're a stinky sandwich.
[Wednesday. 11:23pm]

Peter: Guess who's a stinky sandwich? Spoiler alert: it's you.
[Yesterday. 11:23pm]

Peter: Reply and I'll be your bitch ;)
[Yesterday. 11:46pm]

Peter: Forget it, you missed that opportunity.
[Today. 8:00am]

Peter cringed, Wade was probably already annoyed at his daily texts and wasn't replying in hopes he would get rid of him at some point. He couldn't help it, he was so used to Deadpool that not being around him anymore felt strange, it felt wrong.

He'd survived almost five days without him, a whole one hundred and twenty hours- almost. It felt like more though.

If only the bastard had the decency to respond to his texts he wouldn't be so stressed. He didn't know where he was nor for how long he'd be gone. And he missed him, he missed him a lot actually, he realized that after the second day without him after watching a commercial for unicorn cereal. Wade had become part of his daily routine and suddenly he was patrolling the streets all by himself again, it felt like something was missing- well, because it was. If it weren't because he's always talking to himself, his patrols would be silent and boring...maybe that's why Matt disliked helping him occasionally, too much talking all the time.

The sound of the door opening that made Peter look up from his phone reminded him he had important stuff to do, and he was glad, or else he'd be stuck in this vicious circle for who knows how long. Check phone, send text, wait for a reply, turn it off, repeat. He was going insane. He was starting to behave more and more like a crazy ex rather than a worried friend.

He put his phone away with a sigh. "Pathetic." He watched as Alistair left the office with his tablet in hand. "I should change my name to Pathetic Parker, it suits me better." He waited a little bit just to make sure Smythe wasn't coming back.