Chapter 5

Unicorn Mann's P.O.V.

9:00 PM

    Huh? Today was a pretty different day. It was really calm. Nothing super dangerous happened. That's strange. Normally there would be at least one robbery, but today there was nothing.

    *time skip brought to you by TEA!*

    10:00 AM

    I woke up, and immediately bonked my head on some stupidly-placed lamp.

    "OW!" I yelled "My gibbly goodness didn't I get rid of this stupid lamp? I gradually got out of my pink and purple striped bed, and reach for my closet. Unfortunately I didn't have my mask/glasses on, and I was basically blind, so I tripped over my pink slippers. THUMP!

    "OUCH! Man what a garbage start of the day," I said.

   10:42 AM

    After I finally managed to put on my super suit and my locket, I got out of my house and started going on my usual patrol. Now let me throw in my unwanted opinion. Being a superhero is great. Not because of the fame or the excitement of fighting crime, even though those two things are positive qualities too. My favorite thing about crime fighting is doing the right thing. When I was a lot younger, I always believed to do the right thing. I always refused to steal food or money, even when I was dirt poor. I taught my friends the importance of doing the right thing. They still would do things jail-worthy like vandalism...ANYWAYS! I didn't find any crime on my patrol, but I did save a kid's ballon from floating to it's undeniable death. Y'know how some people can be so stubborn that they don't admit when they're wrong. Here let me tell you this story.

11:59 AM

    "Unicorn Mann," a blonde woman cried.

    "Yes ma'am," I respond.

    "All these phones are broken!" She said.

    "Uh ma'am? You know that I only solve crime based probl-" I started to say.

    "I TYPED THE NUMBER MY FRIEND GAVE ME TO CALL HER ON EVERY SINGLE PHONE AND IT GAVE ME THE WRONG NUMBER EACH TIME!" she screeched.

    "Um okay?" I say. " What's the number?"

    "415-7809-8907 (this is not a valid number do not call it), I memorized it." she says.

    "Okay then" I say as I dial in the number. RING RING. They pick up.

    "FOR THE LAST TIME LADY I AM NOT BARBARA, I AM JO-" I hang up.

    "Um ma'am do you have the number in your purse?" I ask.

    "Yes I do," she says as she hands me a slip of paper. I look at it. I it reads 564-3434-7897 (again, do not call). I mentally facepalm.

    "Ma'am, has it ever occurred to you that you might have put in the wrong number?" I ask, trying to STRONGLY hint that she put in the wrong number without being rude.

    "*Gasp* OF COURSE NOT! ARE YOU CALLING ME DUMB!" She yells.

    "No. That's not it ma'am it just that, it says right here on the slip of paper 5-" I begin to say, but she snatched the paper away and ripped it in half.

    "I'll find someone better. SOMEONE THAT'LL ACTUALLY HELP!" She says as she storms off. I mean these kind of people are what make being a superhero kind of annoying, but hey. You have to take both the bad and the good. Then the rest of the day was simple. I helped some people with directions, I fell into the sewers, ate at WaySub, almost stabbed myself with a pencil, I thought about my friends, I went on another patrol, fell off a building, landed in a trash can, signed some autographs, got hit by a bus, helped more people, and that's it.

9:30 PM

    It was still strange though. There was no crime. The only time I've ever no crime in this town was the Christmas of last year! Now I'm not complaining, this is great, but what should I do no- BOOM!