4- Flashbacks and Honesty

Above is Nesryn! Hope you enjoy the chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Above is Nesryn! Hope you enjoy the chapter!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't want to be here...

My chest tightens painfully as I look around the familiar room, my heart racing as my memory reminds me of everything that follows this familiar nightmare.

"There's my little princess!"

I turn around to see my father standing in the doorway of my bedroom, still in his gear as he smiles down at me...the ice blonde locks of hair gelled back to expose his blue eyes, filled with excitement as I run towards him on little legs...

Why does this one always start off so happy? It only hurts me more...

"Daddy!" I exclaim as he lifts me up in his strong arms, lifting me above his tall frame so he can spin me high up in the air. The sound of my four year old self giggling fills the room, along with dads booming laughter.

"How's my angel doing today?" He asks as he props me on his hip, and my smile falters a little as my young self remembers the awful time I had at the park.

"The kids made fun of my eye again..." I mumble, letting the long locks of my hair cover the eye and half of my face. The birth defect has always been a source of worry for me...being called a freak, or a monster would hurt any kid...

"I'm so sorry baby..." He murmurs, that familiar guilt echoing in his soft tone. I don't know why he feels guilty about it, it's not his fault that I was born this way...not his or moms, or anyone's...

"What's wrong with me daddy?" I ask, my eyes tearing up as I look down.

"Look at me Angel." He murmurs as he tilts my chin up, and his face blurs as I look at him with tear filled eyes.

"There is nothing wrong with you, you were born exactly the way the goddesses intended you to be. Your eye may be different from other peoples, but that is what makes you unique..." He murmurs as he pushes my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear.

"This ability of yours doesn't make you a freak, it makes you powerful...it will protect you from people who just want to use you. And that princess, is a power everyone wants to have."

He wipes the moisture from my cheeks as I stare at him with wide eyes.

"Really?" I hiccup, and he nods.

"Yes. You are perfect just the way you are Astrea, don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Suddenly thinking of something, he sets me down and grabs the bag he takes to work. Opening it up, he looks at me with a soft smile.

"I got you something princess, close your eyes."

I do as he says, and after a moment I feel him slide something in my hair, afterwards he picks me up and walks me somewhere.