10- Mate Bond

It's been about four days since I've marked Thane, and now that the painkillers are out of my system, I can't help but wonder if I made a mistake...being tied to me will never be easy for him, it's bound to bring him pain and suffering.

I let my selfish desires take priority over his safety, and for that, he will suffer.

Because of me...

"Pizdets!" I curse in frustration, slamming my fist against the bathroom wall. I look around the dimly lit room, taking in it's stark difference to the hospital bathroom I had been using until a couple of days ago.

After my injury progressively started healing thanks to feeding off of Thane, they released me from the hospital on the condition that I continue to rest until my shoulder completely heals...and after much insistence, it ended up being that I did my resting in the Chief's home...more specifically, Thanes old room. With Thane making sure I'm resting...and keeping my arm in the sling until I'm completely healed up.

Which is exactly what he's been doing.

He's constantly tending to me, making sure I sleep well, and I'm eating whatever his mom cooks for me...and I have to admit it's really good food. Me and Thane both seem to have a fondness for the meatloaf and the beef stew, and the baked chicken and rice. Even Thane cooks for us sometimes if his parents are too busy, It's honestly the best I've eaten in a while on a regular basis.

Though I'm still not happy with having my activity restricted by being confined to this stupid sling, which has had me putting off something I've been needing to do.

Shower.

Despite having been doing the bird bath technique with a wash rag, I feel itchy and disgusting, and my hair desperately needs washing. I'm hesitant about asking Thane for help with this, but I can't even think about doing it without him insisting on helping.

Which is why I've waited until he fell asleep to even try to do it by myself.

Sighing, I wrestle with the sling to take it off, tossing it to the floor. I go to the long sleeve shirt next, but it's much more complicated than the sling. I would just rip the thing off, but it's Thane's shirt I'm wearing, and I really don't want to mess it up.

"Pizdets!" I curse again quietly, clawing at the thing irritably.

"What are you doing love?"

I freeze at the sound of Thanes husky voice rumbling with amusement, his arms wrapping around me as his chin rests on my good shoulder. I was so busy fighting with the shirt, I wasn't even listening to make sure he was still snoring.

~Just trying to change out of these clothes.~ I answer through our link, having to admit that it is nice to be able to communicate with him like this....though part of me still thinks marking him was a mistake.

"You sure you weren't trying to take a shower while I was asleep?" He chuckles, nuzzling against my neck affectionately. I can't stop the blush that warms my cheeks from spreading, my body's reaction to his touch has only gotten stronger since I've marked him.

~No...~

"Don't lie to me Snowdrop, I can hear your thoughts." He murmurs, pressing a kiss to my jaw.

Busted...

"If you want a bath, just say so. I'd be happy to help you out love."

My heartbeat accelerates at just the idea of him...which only adds to the temptation...and the hesitation.

"I promise love, no peeking, I'll just help you wash your hair and assist with any clothing issues." He assures, and I bite my lip as I debate over my answer. After a moment though, I nod, not wanting to put this off any longer.