Chapter 24 - The press

Grace's POV

He took his phone and tapped something on it. After looking at it, he showed me the article about us.

"Shit!" I exclaimed as soon as I saw our photos.

The heir's guardian angel.

I read the article. There was written that if the mysterious woman hadn't warned Ethan, she would shoot him. Even thinking about it gave me goosebumps.

"Can they find out about Nathan, too?" I asked anxiously.

"Yeah." Ethan responded, running his hand through his hair. "Why are you worried? They will find out about him one day." He added.

"Yeah, I know. But...my parents....You know they don't know about Nathan. I have to tell them before they learn it from newspapers. They don't even know that we are together again." I explained.

"Then this weekend, we are visiting your parents." He said, giving me a bright smile and kissed my lips.

"Really?" I asked, smiling. He nodded. "I love you, Ethan." I confessed.

"I love you, too, sweetheart." He said and placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

****

I was staring through the window while waiting for Ethan. He went to the mansion to bring Nathan home. I missed my little boy.

As the elevator door opened, I rushed towards Ethan and Nathan, smiling. I took Nathan in my arms and kissed his chubby cheek, breathing in his milky scent.

"I am getting jealous." Ethan commented playfully, giving me a wide smile.

I smiled and kissed his lips. "My big boy."

He grinned and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest and tapped Nathan's nose playfully.

As Nathan fell asleep, I put him in his crib. I pulled the blanket over his body and stroked his hair.

When I went downstairs, my phone rang. I grabbed my phone. It was Ruby.

"Hey." I said cheerfully.

"Are you okay, dear? I saw the news." She asked, worried.

"Yeah. We are fine now." I responded.

"Umm, how about your parents?" She asked.

"I talked to my mother this morning. They got worried when they saw the news. But I told them that we were fine and fortunately, nothing bad happened to us."

"They must have been angry when they found out about Nathan." She commented.

"Nathan?" I asked, puzzled.

"Yeah, didn't you see the news on the Internet? Every magazine has an article about Nathan." She informed.

"What?! Ruby, I will call you later." I hung up without letting her say anything.

I found the article that Ruby had told me on the Internet.

The heir's secret son

The Golden boy and the heir of Carter Enterprises Holdings Inc., Ethan Carter has a son. The child's mother is the heir's assistant and girlfriend, Grace Davies. The couple met at university and started dating.

After his graduation, the couple broke up, but after awhile, the couple got together again. It seems their love is getting stronger now.

Fuck! I ruffled my hair nervously, reading the article.