Chapter 1

ɹǝʇǝԀ

ɹǝʇǝԀ

"Peter!"

I groaned. I just got a beating two days ago.

Ms. Owens hates me, she wants me dead, I know she does. She always blames me for things that the other kids did, but I guess that's what you have to deal with when you're one of the oldest.

"Didn't you just get a beating on Monday?" Another boy at the orphanage, Devon asked me. I'm older than him though.

I nodded, standing to go get my second beating of the week. It's only Wednesday!

"Good luck." He said patting my back. I made my way to her office slowly.

My legs were shaking and I couldn't feel them making it hard for me to walk.

"Peter get your ass in here!" She yelled causing me to jump.

I opened the door and she slammed me against it.

"I'm sick and tired of you breaking stuff around here!" She screamed in my face. "I d-didn't break anything."

"Don't even try lying, you worthless piece of shit!" She slapped me hard, I fell to the ground holding my hand against my cheek.

"No one will ever love you." She stepped on my shoulder in her heels. I screamed in pain.

She reached down and pulled my hair. "You're weak, worthless, fat, annoying, hideous..." she dug her heel deeper into shoulder.

I winced, holding my tears back. I'm pretty sure that her heel was drawing blood, it was that deep.

"I'm s-sorry Ms. Owens." I breathed out in rugged breaths. She let me up and glared at me.

"Take your shirt off." She demanded. I sighed and pulled my shirt off being mindful of my shoulder.

"Please don't do this." I begged. "Shut the fuck up, or I'll get James to do it."

James is Ms. Owens boyfriend and when I've been really "bad" she would call him to deal with me.

Those are the type of beatings that you can't walk right for days after.

She grabbed a belt and took swings at my back. I bit my lip as the crack rung through the air. Eventually I couldn't hold it in anymore and I started crying hard.

I put my hands behind my back and I mentally cursed at myself. I know better than to do that.

"Give me your hands!"

I held them out in front of me and she whipped them both 3 times each. She turned me back around and started hitting my back again.

She got my chest a couple of times too.

I bit my hand to stop from screaming out. "I-I'm s-sorry!"

Eventually she got tired and stopped. My back literally burned and I knew that it was covered in red lines and nasty welts.

"No food or water for a week!" Ms. Owens grabbed my ear and pulled me along.

I winced under my breath. Then I realized where she was taking me and I started to panic.

"P-please not t-the c-closet! I-I'm s-sorry." My breathing was heavy.

She opened the closet door and shoved me into it. I could hear it lock as she closed it.

I started screaming. I hate the closet, it's too small, and it smells weird. Out of Ms. Owens and the closet, I'm more scared of the closet.

I kept screaming until my throat was raw and I couldn't scream anymore.

Sometimes I miss my Aunt more than anyone could imagine. She didn't hit me or keep me in closets. She loved me.

I wish someone would love me like she did. I could end my life and see my aunt again and get out of this disgusting place.

I hate it here!

Sorry about how short it is. The first chapter is always hard for me.