Chapter 4

Steve

Steve

Peter ended up only getting worst and to add on top of that he was starting to get a bad cough.

"I'm watch him while you two go out to get all the necessaries for him." Natasha volunteered. That was so unlike her but everyone's been acting different so I didn't even question it.

What can I say? Peter must bring out the great in everyone.

"Thank you Nat."

She nodded, "it's no problem."

"Peter!" Tony called. We could hear Peter's coughing as he headed towards us.

"Y-yes?" He coughed out. "We're going out to get some medicines and other things for you. Aunt Nat is going to stay and watch you."

Peter nodded. His nose and cheeks were red, just like those kids on the tissue boxes commercials.

I ruffled his hair and winked at him. He smiled slightly before waving at us as we walked out the door.

Natasha

"So what do you want to do Pete?" I asked. Peter shrugged. He started coughing harshly.

"Jesus kid, that sounds bad."

I got up to give him a bottle of water. By the time I came back he was still coughing.

He thanked me for the water in between coughs. It started getting worse by the second.

It wasn't just regular coughs either it was more like barking.

"I think you need to go down to the medical wing Peter."

He just nodded weakly. I picked him up, he was really light, like unhealthy light.

"Friday take us to the 35th floor."

"I can take him Ms. Romanoff." One of the doctors said. Peter gave me a pleading look.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

He nodded, he looked like a scared little kid that just wanted their mother back.

I followed him back to the medical room.

The doctor placed Peter on the bed and looked at his ears.

"There isn't a ton of fluid in there." He commented.

He started listening to Peter's breathing. "Take a deep breath for me."

He didn't say anything, he just nodded.

"Has he been coughing?"

I nodded. "How bad is the coughing?"

"It sounds more like a bark than a cough and he's having horrible coughing fits."

"Hmmm, this is definitely Croup."

Peter sighed. "What's wrong Pete?" I asked concernedly.

"I u-used to get Croup a lot w-when I was y-younger," he started to cough again. "I s-should have k-known."

"There really isn't much you can do for Croup, cough medicine makes it worst, but you can run a hot shower in the bathroom and sit in there with him. It'll help clear up his airways a bit. Also make sure he has lots of fluids."

"Thank you." I nodded. "Of course Ms. Romanoff."

I picked Peter up and we went back to the floor that him, Steve, and Tony live on.

I laid him on the couch with a blanket, he fell asleep about 5 minutes after that. He slept all the way until Tony and Steve came back.

Steve

Natasha told us all the things that we need to do with Peter to help him get better. She left soon after, something about getting home to Clint.

Neither of us really know how to deal with sicknesses because I can't get sick and Tony doesn't get sick easily.

"Poor baby." I sighed rubbing my hand on his feverish forehead.

He shivered and pulled his blanket up.

"I can't believe we have a kid now." Tony smiled down at him.

"Me either," I was about to say more but Tony's phone interrupted the moment.

"I'm at home now, why?"

A few seconds past before he started talking again.

"How the hell would they know about that already?!"

I gave him a confused look and he just nodded towards me.

"I'll see if we can make it, Peter's sick."

"Okay bye."

He hung up and turned towards me.

"The press found out about Peter."

"That's weird, Peter's only been here for 2 days and we haven't went out with him yet."

Tony nodded before continuing. "Pepper has set up a press conference for us to clear up all the rumors but..."

"What's the but for?" I interrupted. "But...it's in Malibu and we have to be there by tomorrow."

"Well someone could babysit Peter while we go."

Tony shook his head, "Peter has to be there."

"Then we can take him with us, this isn't a big deal Tone."

Well yeah that's what I thought before we were on the plane with a fourteen year old sobbing.

"What's wrong Peter?" He didn't say anything. I've never seen him like this so he had to be in a lot of pain.

"We can't help you if you don't tell us what's wrong." Tony made sure his voice was gentle.

Peter's hands gripped his ears, his face screwed up in pain.

"H-hurts!" He cried out, he tucked his head into my chest.

I can imagine how much the pressure on his ears was, considering the fluid from him being sick.

I combed my fingers through his hair.

"Try to swallow Peter." Tony suggested.

He tried and it obviously didn't help him because he didn't stop crying.

"We should have gotten him some ear plugs or something." I sighed.

"I'll make sure we get some before the flight back." Tony said kissing my cheek.

"Hold your nose close and blow through your nostrils."

Peter obeyed and it seemed to work. He stopped crying and snuggled into my chest.

"Thank you Dad." As soon as he realized what he said he jumped away from me. "I-I'm sorry, I s-shouldn't have said t-that. I'm j-just a-an i-idiot."

"No you aren't Peter. We don't mind, you can call us whatever you want." I answered for both me and Tony.

Peter didn't say anything for the rest of the flight. I tried to get him to talk by asking if he wanted a snack or if he wanted to play games on the Starkpad but he just responded by shaking his head.

It seems like his shell just got thicker...