Chapter 6

Peter

Peter

"Peter, it's time to get up bubba." Someone shook my body gently. I opened my eyes and smiled.

I felt way better but I could still tell that I was sick. "What are you smiling for?" Steve asked fondly.

The way he looked at me made me feel good. I shook my head smiling at him.

"You have dimples." Steve commented poking my cheeks. "You have messy hair."

He had on a nice suit but his hair wasn't done yet.

Steve laughed, "that's right but I don't think you've looked in the mirror Petey-boy."

He grabbed my hand, helping me off the bed. He pointed to the body length mirror that was hung on the wall. I walked over to it, my hair looked exactly like a bird's nest.

"Don't worry Tony's really good at that kind of stuff." Steve smiled at me.

"Peter put this on!" Pepper said coming into the room. She had a crisp gray suit with a black tie in her hands, it was a mini version of what Steve was wearing. I could tell that it was expensive. My eyes widen.

She handed it to me with a smile. "If you need help with the tie let me know." Steve said before walking out.

I put the suit on. It was tight but I just assumed that it was supposed to fit like that, I mean Steve's was tight too.

I opened the door and walked around the hotel suite trying to find Steve and Tony.

"Tony?" I said quietly. I couldn't find them anywhere so I checked the kitchen.

Let's just say that I'm scarred for life. My hands flew over my eyes and I gasped. They were having a full on make out session on the refrigerator.

"Shit! Sorry Peter." I heard Tony say. "Is it safe?" I asked.

"Yes, Pete."

I took my hands off my eyes. Steve still had his arm around Tony's waist loosely.

"You said that you would help me." I said gesturing to my tie.

"Here head to the bathroom, I'll do your hair while Steve fixes your tie."

I nodded and did as I was told. Steve started to tie my tie while Tony combed my hair back.

"Your hair will not stay." Tony laughed. Eventually he just gave up and put it in a casual but formal style.

"Aw, you look so handsome." Steve gushed tucking the tie in. "Thank you." I blushed.

Tony looked at his watch. "We've got to get going."

"Is Happy here?" Steve asked winking at himself in the mirror. I shook my head, smiling to myself.

"Yes, Pepper's in the car too."

"Okay great, let's go." Steve said kissing Tony's forehead. Tony melted into it and I smiled at them.

I love how they act around each other, Aunt May and Uncle Ben acted just like them.

It's been a long long time since I've been around people so in love. Uncle Ben died 6 years ago, it was my fault. Everything's my fault...

Ms. Owens and James never showed each other affection like Aunt May and Uncle Ben or Tony and Steve did, their kisses were always rough and quick.

"Peter?" Tony said pulling me from my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

God, I miss them

"I'm fine." I smiled slightly before looking down at my hands. The welts were gone, so that's good.

We left the hotel and got in the car with Happy and Pepper.

"How're you feeling Peter?" Pepper asked smiling fondly at me. "Better."

"Good."

Pepper sat in the front with Happy and Steve, Tony, and I sat in the back, with me in the middle.

I was half asleep when we finally got there. "You okay bubba? I can carry you if you're too tired." Steve offered. I shook my head, "I'm f-fine thanks."

He nodded and started talking to Tony. "Stay close Peter, this can be scary but they can't hurt you I promise." Pepper said softly.

"And whatever you do, don't answer questions."

People were starting to crowd around the car. My chest tightened a bit. Happy opened his door telling people to move out of the way.

He opened the door for us and we started heading to the building.

"Mr. Rogers how's finally becoming a dad?!"

"What's his name Mr. Stark?!"

"How old is he?!"

"Is he just a charity case?!"

I immediately stopped to think that question over.

Am I a charity case?

Pepper was the only one that saw that I was behind, so she went back, grabbed my hand and dragged me into the building.

I stared at my hands blankly. "Peter?"

She made me look at her with a finger under my chin. "You are not a charity case." Pepper said firmly.

"B-but..."

"No buts Peter, we love you."

I just closed my eyes and nodded. "Now let's go."

Pepper grabbed my hand and led me into the room. "You don't have to talk if you don't want to."

"Where were you guys?" Tony asked. Pepper waved him off. "We're late, we can talk about it later."

"You're on!" I heard someone yell. Before I could process what was going on we were on stage. Everyone was waving so I did too.

We sat down while Happy stood off to the side.

"What's his name?" Someone with a microphone asked. "His name is Peter, Peter Stark-Rogers." Steve smiled brightly.

Half the stuff Steve, Tony, and Pepper talked about I didn't hear, I wasn't paying attention.

A little girl, she had to be like 4, started waving at me with the cutest smile I have ever seen.

I smiled back and waved at her. The reporters and paparazzi all shouted in excitement, interrupting Tony's speech.

"You okay?" He said looking over towards me. "Sorry, sorry. I was just waving at someone." I apologized smiling.

"He's very charming as you can see everyone." Tony joked, smirking at me.

I blushed bright red and nodded my head sheepishly. Tony continued talking about his new projects and our life now, something like that.

Soon we were done and it was dark outside. We were on our way to the hotel and I just couldn't shake off that question from earlier.

Am I a charity case?