My Second Awakening

It was the worst pain I could have ever imagined.
My memory phases in and out from time to time. But I can distinctly remember the racking agony that coursed through my veins like straight alcohol onto an open wound.
Not the physical pain, rather the collapse of all remaining sanity in my bloodstream. The way my brain reeled, trying to process what in the hell was happening.

He'd snapped.
And really, I should have seen it coming sooner.

I'm getting ahead of myself here, so allow me to explain a bit further.

My name is Liu Woods. Believed to be dead by...well, everyone who I loved. My mother, father, brother, friends.
I guess they're right. To an extent.

After the dreadful pain of that night that seemed to linger into an eternal abyss of agony, I felt a cool breeze course over my body through the open window. That's when it stopped.
Everything. All at once.

I don't know how to describe dying.
It's really something you'd have to experience for yourself and well, I don't condone that.

I'd thought that was my final moment of consciousness...until I opened my eyes again.
It was hard to make out my surroundings, but I remember it was dark and silent. A sharp contrast to what I had just experienced seconds before.

I shot up, suddenly fully aware as my eyes darted around the room, searching for some sort of explanation.
It had to be a hospital, something of the sort.

But as my mind focused in more closely on the details of the room, I quickly disputed that hope.
I was on the floor in the center of some open yet tightly closed in room.

Just as I had begun to collect myself I heard a door slam from behind me.

"What the hell-..." I managed to mumble out before thinking as I spun around to face the source of the noise.

I froze in terror at the sight before me.
A large demonic looking figure stood several feet above my body.

He was dark, like the room. His crimson red appearance seemed to match it to a point.
Two horns protruded on both sides of his head and his body was something inhuman of nature.

Was this hell?
Had I gone to hell of all places?

I heard the voice speak up. It gargled lowly and with a hint of amusement in its voice.
"So, you're the child God didn't want and Satan didn't approve of." He scoffed, his red eyes glaring deep into my soul.

I tried to choke out a response, but the overwhelming fear in my body took hold and I froze.

That's when I felt it.
This mental pull, like somebody was tugging at the strings of my mind. A reeling sensation as if I was about to lose consciousness.

But I didn't.
Not entirely anyways...

I heard myself speak with an unwarranted response.
"The fuck are you supposed to be? The fairy godfather of heaven rejects?" My voice responded, sounding husky and irritated.

I quickly covered my mouth.
What the hell was going on?

The creature laughed at me. Almost in a pitiful way. My stomach sank as I listened in for his response.

"On the contrary. I believe somebody like you could be of great use to my team. That is, once you come to your senses." The demon responded, a smirk seeming to form over his jagged sharp edged teeth.

I shook my head, desperately trying to look away from the creature to little avail.
That pull was still there, and I couldn't control it, as much as I tried.

My voice spoke again, without consent.
"Who the fuck do you think you are? As if I'd join some weird ass, sorry excuse for a demon's team." The odd voice cackled before I sent my palm flying straight towards my own face, silencing the laugh.

"Wh-who are you!?" I demanded to my own self, more confused than I'd ever been my entire life.

The voice spoke up again, but this time my mouth didn't move.
It seemed to echo within my mind.

-"I'm you, but smarter."- It spoke, belittling me with its tone.

"What's your...your name?" I asked, my voice cracking through the thick cloud of anxiety surrounding me.

There was a pause before it responded again.

-"You can call me Sully. Now take care of this demonic punk before he gets us both killed you asshat!"-

I shivered at the tone, my gaze lifting up to the figure in front of me once again, whom seemed to be invested in this entire ordeal.

"Who are you? What happened? Where am I? I don't-." Before I could finish asking my questions, the creature responded.

"My name is Zalgo and you are currently in my realm. We'll call this the waiting room. Your brother, Jeffery Woods I presume? He murdered you in cold blood just hours ago. A slick bastard he is...pity he had to choose the wrong team." Zalgo's voice echoed through the tight walls of the room.

I took a moment to process his words.
So, Jeff was okay after all.
That was all that mattered. But if Jeff was alive then...

"Am I dead?" I asked softly, unsure if I really wanted an answer.

-"Yea, thought that was pretty clear dumbass."- That damn voice inside my head spoke again, making me jump slightly at the sudden unanticipated response.

"In technical terms, yes. But I do hope that won't hinder your drive to join me in my force. Jeff is still out there, after all. And I'm sure you're already itching for revenge." Zalgo crept back, out of the room, slamming the door behind him again and enclosing me in darkness.

Just then, I felt a fire ignite inside of my mind. It was like a burning rage that I couldn't control. I felt my blood boil, my mind grow dark and heavy.

-"Jeff. That psychopathic bastard. If he's still out there then we'll find him. And if joining this clown's team is what it takes then I'm more than ready."- Sully spoke, his voice towering over any free-minded thoughts in my foggy head.

"Okay."

That was all I managed to say as I let my body fall back against the cold damp floor, my consciousness slowly fading away.