- Rotten Memories - ( A Continuation )

My name is Liu Woods. It's been roughly three years since the incidents that took place with Zalgo.
Last week was my birthday, I would have been eighteen if I wasn't...you know, dead. But how can I complain?
Dying really does come with it's perks. For one, I'm practically immortal. Phasing through walls is pretty cool. And the Slenderman finds it a great attribute that I don't necessarily need to eat or drink to survive. I suppose it makes those longer missions a bit easier to manage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of this lifestyle. I never asked for this. But Sully, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying himself a bit too much. So long as he isn't paired up with Jeff, that is.

Speaking of Sully, I don't necessarily worry about him as much as I did prior to becoming a Proxy.
You see, there is one vital law that must be abided by under all circumstances.
'You may not kill another proxy.'
If someone were to break this law they would not only be deprived of their Proxyhood, but additionally damned to an eternal hell of suffrage.

Sully wasn't a fan.

Now, you may be asking yourself, what about Zalgo? Surely he didn't give up?
Of course not. Zalgo is more immortal than I could ever be. But the power in which the Operator obtains with all of his proxies on board is just enough to keep him away...for now.

I've been sharing a room with Jeff now for quite some time. He isn't the most tolerable roommate, but I didn't really feel like asking to switch him out for another Homicidal maniac.
Ironic. I know.

I could see the sun just beginning to set along the horizon as I pulled back the black curtains that seemed to mask our room in darkness.
"Hey, Jeff?" I called softly, turning to face him.

Jeff shifted slightly on his bed, glancing up from his knife to face me.
"Huh? What's up Liu?" He responded, raising an eyebrow at me curiously.

"Do you think I'm...weak?" I hesitated to ask, turning back to the sunset as I watched the trees begin to glow a crimson red in the evening light.

Jeff sat up from his bed at that, standing and meeting me beside the window.
"Heh..." he chuckled lightly.

My expression shifted as I shot him a quick glare.
"W-what!? You really do think I'm weak huh?" I huffed, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, hey, you're the one who asked." Jeff quickly defended himself, a smirk painting his lips.
"Why do you ask anyways? I mean Slendy likes you. You must be good for somethin'." My brother shrugged casually.

Wow, that made me feel so much better.

I shook my head with a sigh, stepping away from the window and walking over to the mirror. I peered back at myself, adjusting my striped scarf slightly.
"I want to be accepted here." I stared back at myself, my emerald eyes darkening slightly as Sully tuned in.
"I don't just want to be some puppet that Slenderman keeps around because of Sully." My gaze drifted to the floor.

Jeff stood in place by the window, his gaze locked onto the sunset as he spoke.
"The hell do you wanna be accepted for?" He grumbled.

"Haven't you ever worried about what somebody thought of you? Worried that maybe you weren't enough?" I asked him, my expression shifting slightly.

- "Nobody likes you because you can be a real pussy, Liu." - Sully suddenly spoke.

"Shut up Sully." I half whispered with a sigh.

There was a moment of silence as my brother seemed to ponder the question before he spun around, giggling softly to himself.

"Hmm, nope!" He smirked and began pacing around the room.
"BUT! If you really wanna be accepted around here for you, then you're gonna have to make some changes!" Jeff nodded, placing his hands on his hips as he stared back at me.

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
"Changes?"

"Yep! How the hell do you expect to be accepted in a murder house-AHEM- murder mansion, excuse me, when you can't even kill somebody without having your split personality do it for ya?" He asked quite matter of factly.

I quickly spoke up, gripping at my scarf.
"I-I can kill someone!"

He laughed.
And laughed.
And then laughed some more.

"C'mon Liu! You're not a stone cold murderer! Heh, that's your Sully side." Jeff chirped.

I felt Sully grow heated in the back of his mind.
- "I'm nothing like that bastard." -

"I know Sully." I crossed my arms.
"Well then, I'll prove it! I'll prove it to you. Tonight. Yeah?" I challenged him, taking a step foreword.

- "Liu this is a bad idea. Remember that time you accidentally killed your goldfish because you thought it was drowning? You cried for days." - Sully warned in my mind.

I shook my head, trying my best to ignore him as I turned my attention back to Jeff. He held a hand up to his chin, nodding.

"Hmm, lemme think for a sec, Kay? A last minute murder mission, without Slendy's approval in the middle of the night. Gotta check my calendars aaaand- I'M FUCKIN IN!" Jeff exclaimed excitedly, running up to hug me.

I flinched at the sudden affection, my posture stiffening a bit.
"Heh...c-calm down. It's not like I've never done this before." I half heartedly lied.

Unfortunately, Jeff was able to detect the difference between Sully and I pretty easily.
He gave me a look of disbelief.
"Yeah...okay bro." He chuckled.

That night couldn't have come quicker. The clock seemed to tick with an increasing speed every passing second.
I wasn't nervous.
Sully did this all the time and if Sully could do it then so could I. Right?

After some time, the clock had struck 3:00 a.m. and most of the proxies seemed to be asleep.
My brother and I began gathering our things.

I looked through my supplies, pulling out a black pistol and putting it in my back pocket. I grabbed my black jacket from the coat rack and slipped it on. It was December now, so the weather had gotten quite cold.

"You ready?" I asked, fidgeting slightly.

Jeff spun to face me, kitchen knife in hand.
"I should be askin you the same thing." He gave me that cocky grin again.

I returned the expression, patting the gun in my pocket.
"One-hundred percent. Let's go." I smirked.

It was a long walk through the thick and darkened woods before my brother and I finally saw some hints of light in the distance.
We nodded to each other and followed off in the direction.

Finally, we stepped to the edge of the brush, realizing we had come upon a neighborhood of all things.
Silently, we walked behind the houses.
I suppose Jeff was waiting for the target that 'spoke to him' or whatever because he was quiet for a long while.

The abrupt sound of skateboards gliding across the pavement caused me to freeze in my place. Jeff swiftly pulled me down beneath the brush, peeking out just over the top.
I listened in, hearing quiet laughter that seemed to be slowly growing closer to this segment of the neighborhood.

"Who the hell goes out at three o'clock in the morning?" I whispered to my brother.

"Fuckin idiots." He replied quietly.

I leaned up over the brush, just enough to scope out the scene.
When I saw the culprits...my heart dropped.
I recognized those boys.
In fact, I recognized this entire neighborhood.

Troy and Keith...

I swiftly turned to my brother, fear and worry in my eyes.
He sat there blankly, unblinking...as if he could blink even if he wanted to.

"Their supposed to be dead." He finally spoke, a twinge of pain in his voice.