- The Reckoning -

A chilling winter breeze crossed over the brush, causing me to shiver slightly. I set a hand on my brother's shoulder.
"Jeff...are you okay?" I asked nervously.

He didn't respond, instead shoving my hand off of him.
I glanced back at the boys, a deeply rooted anger flaring within me. It was their fault. This whole time I couldn't help but blame Jeff for what happened. The murders, the insanity, the nightmares I seemed to have every night. The bone-chilling fear that maybe this was all a dream, or maybe it wasn't. I blamed him for Sully, for who I was- or...who I had become anyways.

I hadn't even realized how tightly I'd been clenching my fists until I felt the familiar warmth of crimson blood trickling down the palms of my hands, a sharp contrast to the bitter cold of the night.

I stood up from behind the safety of the scattered bushes, stepping out into the open.
Jeff swiftly grabbed onto my hand, quickly noticing the blood.
"What're you doing-...Sully?" He asked, his tone one of uncertainty.
I turned around to face him for a moment, my expression cold and lacking any sort of empathy.
"No. It's Liu."

With that I pulled my hand away, continuing towards the dimly lit street. I heard Jeff from behind me, shuffling his way out of the brush and beckoning for me to come back.
I ignored him, continuing foreword.
My thoughts were growing louder than any outside noise and I couldn't take it anymore.

I quickened my pace, straining to focus in on the boys chatter as I made my way to the yellow tinted street light.

My eyes scanned the road until I caught sight of the boys. It seemed they'd seen me as well, considering the two of them had both frozen in their place.
I stepped out into the middle of the road, my hands in my pockets as my gaze locked onto Troy's.
That burning anger only seemed to grow as the voices in my head grew louder. I couldn't even hear Sully anymore, if he was talking that is.

- They did this -
- Make them suffer -
- You're life is nothing because of them -
- KILL THEM -

My left eye twitched slightly as I attempted to silence the thoughts, my hands trembling as the boys began approaching me on their bikes.
They halted just a few feet from where I was standing, tossing their bikes to the ground.

"Well, well, if it isn't Liu." Troy snorted, laughing as he crossed his arms.

"Careful there Troy, crazy runs in the family ya know. Then again...Liu was always way more of a pussy ass bitch." Keith mimicked Troy's teasing tone.

Troy laughed again, taking a few steps towards me and staring me down.
"God damn those doctors did a real shitty job stitching you up." He smirked.
"He's almost uglier than before." Keith added on.

I simply stared back at them, a cold unforgiving expression crossing my face. Even after all this time, they'd never learned a damn thing.

- Teach then Liu -
- Teach them a lesson -

I lowered my head, an uncontrollable chuckle leaving my vocal chords as I gripped onto my scarf.

I could hear Troy snicker as he stepped dangerously close.
"What're you gonna do? Huh Liu? You gonna stab us like your sick demented brother did to you?" He prodded my shoulder.

My laughing ceased immediately as I hastily grabbed onto Troy's hand, bending it back to his wrist in an instant. I let go when I heard the snap of bones cracking in half and his wailing screams of pain.